April 19, 2024, 09:20:17 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

J-Pole Antenna Calculator

Started by Egil, August 31, 2010, 11:53:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Egil

Uploading this calculator code again.
This code is using GETKEY instead of the method used with the SlimJim calculator (see my former message).

Have fun!

Egil
Support Amateur Radio  -  Have a ham  for dinner!

aurelCB

Hi..
I know that this is old topic and that long time i don't post anything ::)
Anyway this simple program show how calculate antenna dimension.
I build few antennas but mostly for wifi 2.4 GHz.

My question is not directly connected with this but is with antenna electromagnetic field
in another words with field pettern represented in few colors.
Is there anyone do something like this ?
Why i ask this...there are around few free and few comercial programs BUT
all this programs are a bit complex and quirky to work with them.
So any ideas about that ...

PS...And of course to break this annoying silence on forum ;D

LarryMc

can you give me a link that shows me what you are wanting to do?
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

LarryMc

GDI+ could be used for the drawing.
The hard part would be coming up with all the equations for the calculations.
LarryMc
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

GWS

QuoteSince 2000, Golden Engineering has been working on the field of electromagnetic simulation from very low to very high frequencies, especially on the modeling of antenna systems and scatterers.

I think that explains the problem.  They've been working on it for 12 years ..  ::)

A great project - well more of a huge commitment - but it would be nice to have such a tool.

I've been working on two or three projects recently, but they were all complicated and I've not yet finished any of them.  Some things are just too difficult - like a morse decoding program that I finished up buying from Russia.  It works like a scanner, and types the words on the screen - great stuff.  I wish I could have written it. :)

So it would be nice to look at an Antenna program - just have to add it to my 'things to look at' list ..

best wishes, :)

Graham
Tomorrow may be too late ..

aurelCB

Yeah i know that thema is quite complex but for start there is no need for
3D representation, will be very good to have planar plot in 2d and gain calculation.
I have found few old programs written in old gwbasic but i simply cannot read this code
in notepad or any other text editor because are written in some weird format ::) .
And yes formulas are very complex.
In first place i am intersted for wire antenna like ordinary L/2 dipol, quad etc...
From what i see and understand most of this programs use some sort of NEC interpreter
or MoM algoritham.

GWS

October 21, 2012, 03:12:02 AM #7 Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 03:15:26 AM by GWS
Ah  ! .. that stirs an ancient memory .. GWBASIC  ;D

GWBASIC stored it's files in binary by default.
You will need to read the files back in to GWBASIC, and then save them as ACSII ..

Quote1. Make a backup copy of the original program written in GW-Basic or BASICA.
   2. Locate GWBASIC.EXE or BASICA.EXE and execute the program.
   3. Use the LOAD (F3) command to load the program to be used in QBasic. For example, type the following:
      load "progname.bas"
   4. Use the LIST (F1) command to verify the program's contents.
   5. Use the SAVE (F4) command with the A option to save the program in ASCII format. For example, type the following:
      save "progname.bas",a
   6. Exit GW-Basic or BASICA with the SYSTEM command.

The file should then be in ASCII and readable by other programs ..  :)

all the best,

Graham
Tomorrow may be too late ..

Brian

Graham,

I used to dabble with GWBASIC, and I had forgotten about the ,a switch. It was there
in the back of my mind as I read Aurel's post, and you supplied the answer!

Brian

Egil

Maybe you'll find some tips to  convert the code in here: http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~af380/GW-BASIC-tokens.html It is a description of the GW-Basic tokenized format.

By the way, for construction of antennas and just testing out ideas, I use Mmana-Gal. It is written for radioamateurs by radioamateurs, and is freeware. Here is their homepage: http://hamsoft.ca/pages/mmana-gal.php

Good luck!

Egil
Support Amateur Radio  -  Have a ham  for dinner!

LarryMc

Aurel,
can you post one of the GWBASIC files you said you couldn't read; preferably the smallest one you have.

I'm curious about what it looks like.
LarryMc

aurelCB

Hi Egil
I have try few this programs and i find him to dificult to work with them.
I am not an radioamater.
And this Mmana gal is to weird for me .
I also find one interesting called VEMSA3D which looks simple on first look but i simply
cannot think in 3D way ... ::)

Larry in attachment is whole package,maybe you can figured how extract this old code. :)

Bill-Bo

aurelCB,

I went to my XP and saved the
files in ASCII. I sure hope this
helps out.

Bill

LarryMc

LarryMc

Bill-Bo

LarryMc,

You're welcome.

I don't know why, but the horn.bas and
horngain.bas files have the same code.

Bill

aurelCB

Thanks Bill ;)
Hmm only program LoopYagi seems to me that is something
and can be possible convert to CB/EB/IWB console program.
I will see...