April 26, 2024, 07:52:12 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

How compatible is OpenGL

Started by Jyscal, May 08, 2010, 08:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jyscal

Hello. Does anyone know how compatible OpenGL is with CBasic? Also is there a significant (if any) performance improvement when using Direct3D? I have a (very) little exp with opengl so am just curious to see what options are available. If it is compatible does will the syntax be the same compared to languages such as C++? Please forgive a new programmer if this is a simple question. Thanks a lot!
Live your own way

LarryMc

May 08, 2010, 10:01:16 PM #1 Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 10:05:07 PM by Larry McCaughn
I don't use Cbasic and I don't do 2d/3d so I can't answer your question directly.
But if you search the forums for  "opengl" there has been a lot of discusion in the past.

As for it looking like C++; No, that's why the converted headers have to be used in EBasic/CBasic.

LarryMc
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

aurelCB

As you can see from examples which are in samples folder Creative Basic support DirectX with 2d/3dÃ…Ã,¾
commands.Look into 2d/3d board on this forum and in ZeroDog examples.

Jyscal

I done some browsing and came up with some interesting results! Ill definately use the native commands that CBasic has as i would like to stay inside the language as much as possible. I think having the option is nice to though as it allows for some interesting experimenting. Im not sure if its all possible to combine the two? Thanks for the info at least now i think i  have a better understanding but still have a ways to go!
Live your own way