April 25, 2024, 04:06:56 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Basic Ebasic Ebook now available

Started by Rock Ridge Farm (Larry), May 02, 2010, 08:03:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rock Ridge Farm (Larry)

I have the second Ebook available.

This  book is Basic Ebasic - it cost $5.00

If you buy it please provide me feedback.

Updates to this manual will be free for the rest of the year.

Link is under the utilities tab on the web page.

If you have any issues PM or email me.

Thanks
Larry

Haim

Just bought the second ebook.
It downloaded without problem and it runs OK.
It describes nicely some of the basics. Thank you for your work.
I suggest that in future updates you also refer to static libraries and resources. These two concepts may be new to beginners

Haim

oneplace2u

Where do you pay and download this ebook?

LarryMc

LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

hugh

Got after some difficulty though, very well thought out, and fast, maybe a bit more detail in the examples though, otherwise no complaints.
my WinRar would not extract it, it flashed the password dialog, then said, "Nothing to extract", done it with WinZip.
well worth the $5.00

Logman

May 27, 2010, 05:33:51 AM #5 Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 05:35:33 AM by Logman
Larry:

I downloaded both the Reference and Basic Manuals. Nice job putting these together--great price too.

Once I figured out which password my unzip program needed to open the file, it worked like a charm.

I'll go through them and provide feedback if I see something that needs mentioning.

Thanks for the work.

Logman
Education is what you get when you read the fine print.<br />Experience is what you get when you don't!

Logman

Larry - Sapero:

I have a question. Now that we have an electronic version of the Reference and Basic Manuals, I'd like to be able open them from the HELP menu in the built-in editor.

I know there is a way to do this and it was explained once before, but I can't find the reference to it on the forum.

Logman
Education is what you get when you read the fine print.<br />Experience is what you get when you don't!

LarryMc

Create a text file that contains the following:

Quote'*NAME|My unique name
'*HELPFILE|full path name to file,name to appear in menu

name it blah.incc where blah is something that isn't likely to be used in the future by us.

place the file in the EBDev\bin folder.
restart the IDE.

NOTE:I've never tried it with a full pathname so I'm not absolutely sure it will work.

if you put the file ebook in the EBDev\help folder I know all you need to do is to put the file name with extension .

LarryMc
LarryMc
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Blue Steel

you should probably rename it now to IWBasic ebook .. lol
  http://www.codingmonkeys.com
Covers many languages including Aurora , IWBasicEbasic (Ebasic, IBasic) , Creative Basic

LarryMc

Cameron,

There's a lot of that left to fix.
Hopefully by the time IWBasic 2 is released we'll have all those things in order. ;)

LarryMc
LarryMc

oneplace2u

Just a note:
I paid and downloaded your IWBasic ebook
I know that you have to find different ways on making your software to stop people pirating your software.
But it makes it hard on some people that buy your software to learn with it.
It would be nice to find a way to make the Basic Ebasic tutorial in to a pdf file also.
I don't know if there is anyone else out there, like myself that would rather print and read the tutorial off line.
It makes it easier to write down notes in area of interest and come back to them later.
Never have like reading off of a computer screen.

Copex

Quote from: oneplace2u on May 31, 2010, 10:38:58 PM

It would be nice to find a way to make the Basic Ebasic tutorial in to a pdf file also.

you can print from the tut, but at least on the Demo i tried it would only allow one page at a time, so  i didnt buy as i don't like the way it is delivered. PDF i could have used on my ebook reader.
-
I really should learn how to use a spell checker! though im not sure how it will help someone who can not spell?
-
Except where otherwise noted, content Posted By Copex is
licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

Rock Ridge Farm (Larry)

I think I have an option of PDF output - I will check into it and if so make it available.

Larry

Logman

Thanks Larry and Sapero.

These manuals make nice readily-available additions to the IDE.

Larry, I had forgotten how to make them accessible from the IDE help menu. Thanks for the reminder.

Logman

oneplace2u

Thank you that is Great, I will be waiting for the PDF file if it is possible.

mannybass

Just bought the first two ebooks. I like them very much, they are a great help. Looking forward to the database and 2D ebooks.

Thanks
Manny