March 28, 2024, 03:09:54 AM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Aurora update Alpha2 Rev 7

Started by Ionic Wind Support Team, February 22, 2006, 07:34:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ionic Wind Support Team

February 22, 2006, 07:34:23 PM Last Edit: February 22, 2006, 07:35:59 PM by Ionic Wizard
It's that time again.  Another update of your favorite compiler.  We are now using revision numbers for updates instead of by date.  The IDE and parser also reflect the current revision in the executables version number.  For example this revision is 1.0.0.27

To get the update redownload from the link provided, uninstall the old version and install the new one.

Changes:
------------
- #ifdef and #ifndef now check for existance of constants.
- The character classification functions were broken in the last release.  Fixed.
- Linking order of system import libraries was changed to resolve naming conflicts with crtdll.lib
- CPointerList class added.
- Addressbook.src example added to build.
- Closing braces no longer require a newline character afterwards to be recognized by the parser.
- #emit preprocessor keyword added.  Allows inlining single assembly instructions without needing #asm/#endasm.

#emit int 3 ; generate a debug break

- 'label' keyword now works.

label mylabel;

- If DEFAULT: was located at the beginning of a line the parser was treating it as a label.  Fixed.
- Comments can now appear between a closing brace and UNTIL.  Requested by Parker.
- Dereferencing arrays of pointers are now directly supported by the parser. The precedence of a typecasting operation can now be controlled by parenthesis.  For example:

*(string)pa[x];  //dereferences first then accesses the array by type.
*(string) (pa[x]); Access the array first then dereferences.

-  !=  is now a substitute for <> which aids in converting C code
- CWindow::Enable added.  Enables or disables the window/control
- USING was broken for int64 types. Fixed.
- "u" type specifier added to USING to allow formatting unsigned integers.

writeln(using(%u########\n", uNumber));

- Miscellaneous bug fixes.

Have Fun!
Paul.

Ionic Wind Support Team

Ionic Wind Support Team

The Aurora demo version has been updated to this revision.
Ionic Wind Support Team

Brian

Paul,

I was waiting until an update to report that the richeditsource.src example
barfs on these two lines when compiling (well, for me, anyway)

Compiling...
richeditsource.src
File: C:\Program Files\Aurora\examples\richeditsource.src (233) unknown type - {
File: C:\Program Files\Aurora\examples\richeditsource.src (235) unknown type - {
Error(s) in compiling "C:\Program Files\Aurora\examples\richeditsource.src"

REOLECallBack::GetClipboardData( CHARRANGE *lpchrg, int reco,pointer *lplpdataobj),int {return E_NOTIMPL;}
REOLECallBack::GetContextMenu( WORD seltype, pointer lpoleobj,CHARRANGE *lpchrg,unsigned int *lphmenu),int {return E_NOTIMPL;}

CHARRANGE isn't in blue, if that helps

And, yes, I have uninstalled and re-installed

Brian

LarryMc

Brian
I had the same result as you.  Was confused at first because of your filename.  That's what you named yours when you copied the code from the forum.  It didn't come with the examples.
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Zen

I cant seem to be able to download the update. When i try to navigate to the link provided on purchase it just displays the ionic wind home page. Has the link changed while i am away?

If it has can someone PM the new location?

Lewis

Ionic Wind Support Team

Link hasn't changed.  Type it directly in a browser and it works.

I just disabled directory listings on all directories without an index file.
Ionic Wind Support Team

Ionic Wind Support Team

Quote from: Brian Pugh on February 23, 2006, 03:20:16 AM
Paul,

I was waiting until an update to report that the richeditsource.src example
barfs on these two lines when compiling (well, for me, anyway)

And, yes, I have uninstalled and re-installed

Brian

Brian,
That code which I posted on the forums wasn't meant to be compiled, I was only showing what was required when I got the RichEdit control to respond to drag and drop..  It is part of a file in the source archive which has an include that brings in the necessary structures.

Paul.
Ionic Wind Support Team

Ionic Wind Support Team

The source archive has been updated to this version.
Ionic Wind Support Team