April 25, 2024, 01:45:24 AM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Help! Need small example

Started by billhsln, August 05, 2009, 11:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billhsln

I have looked into the Demo for EAE and it is beyond my current understanding.  If some one has a few minutes, what I would really appreciate is a simple example.

All I need to do is to be able to emulate the old QBASIC SOUND command (ex: SOUND 600,5 where 600 is the frequency and 5 is the duration).  Basically all I need to be able to do is make beeping noises at different frequencies.

Thanks,
Bill
When all else fails, get a bigger hammer.

Ionic Wind Support Team

Bill, As indicated in the readme file the tone commands will be ready in the next update.  I removed them as they were still a bit buggy and were crashing on one of my testers machines.

Paul.

Ionic Wind Support Team

billhsln

No problem.  I can wait. 

Thanks for the quick reply,
Bill

ZeroDog

' dwFreq - frequency in hertz
' dwDuration - duration in milliseconds
Declare "kernel32.dll",Beep(dwFreq As int,  dwDuration As int),int
beep(600,50)

GWS

:) .. that's a strange one ZD - it plays through the little speaker in the computer, but not through the sound card 'line out' socket.

Graham :)
Tomorrow may be too late ..

Duffer

Graham, that is what it is supposed to do  ;)  Also only works on NT based versions of Windows  ;)

ZeroDog

as far as I remember, the QBasic SOUND played thru the PC squeeker as well  ;)

GWS

'squeeker'   ;D ;D

That's about right .. it must be on a different port to 'normal' sound.

Thanks, :)

Graham
Tomorrow may be too late ..

billhsln

Thanks, ZeroDog, will see if that will do what I need.  Will be putting it into the SpaceTrek program.  It only had simple sounds, but I thought it might be better if it beeped every once in a while.  At least the code for SOUND is in the program.  I just commented it out.

Thanks again,
Bill