April 30, 2024, 01:39:53 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Lottery Predictor

Started by GWS, June 21, 2009, 01:13:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GWS

June 21, 2009, 01:13:36 PM Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 01:36:05 PM by GWS
Oooh! .. loads of money ..  ;D ;D  

This program is for the British Lotto of 6 balls from 49.  It's an improved version of one I did some years ago.
I've included a Word document as a user guide.

It takes previous results (I only do the Saturday Lotto), and indicates the most likely outcome for the next draw.

Results are saved in a simple text file 'lottery.txt' - the latest is attached.  But you can delete it and start again with your own preferred results if you wish.

Will it win? .. who knows.  The odds against winning the top prize is 14 million to one.  Hopefully by concentrating on 'more likely' outcomes, the odds against you may be reduced.

That's my hope anyway, so I'll be giving it a spin from next Saturday.  ;D

Now where's my wheelbarrow to pick up the money ..  :P

all the best,  :)

Graham
Tomorrow may be too late ..

aurelCB

June 21, 2009, 02:30:07 PM #1 Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 04:36:02 PM by aurelCB
Graham i dont understand how start this program ???

GWS

Hi Aurel ,

Just downlaod the zip into a suitable folder and extract the files.

There is a User guide 'using.doc', an exe file for those who haven't got CBasic loaded, and a .cba source file.
Plus a few images and the latest results file 'lottery.txt'.

So you can either run the .exe or load into CBasic the 'lottery.cba' file.

I think the user guide explains what it's doiing.

If you have your own previous lottery results from at least 5 previous weeks, you can delete/rename the included 'lottery.txt' file, and enter your own results on the Previous Results screen.  Then just keep clicking Next to see the analysis.

Hope that explains it ..  :)

best wishes, :)

Graham

aurelCB

Sorry Graham my mistake ::)
I have here 15" monitor and resolution 800x600
and i dont see on first view buttons ;D
Just when i look code i see what i do wrong.
By the way excellent program ;)

REDEBOLT

Graham,

Nice colorful program.

Some years ago, I tried my hand at predicting lottey numbers.

I finally came to the conclusion that you can't predict random numbers.

:D
Regards,
Bob

GWS

Hi guys,

Aurel, I've sort of moved to using 1024x768 resolution thinking it's probably the most used or useful setting.  It is possible to design a program to adapt to whatever resolution is in use, but it makes for fiddly code to get images, text fonts and control positioning correct.

It's probably easier to make a separate version for each resolution, but having several versions of a program is also inefficient.  Coping with resolution variation is difficult.

Redebolt, You may well be correct .. :)  Random numbers are slippery customers.  But they do have to obey underlying rules of probability - so it sort of needs a sixth sense to predict what might happen next ..  ::)

I'm hoping I've built a bit of that into this program.

By the way, I forgot to mention a feature in the notes.   If you enter and save an incorrect value in the results screen, you can click on the date at the left side of the results panel, and the data will be transferred back to the edit boxes.  You can then edit the wrong value and re-save the results.  Of  course you could also load the data file into Wordpad, and edit it there.

all the best,  :)

Graham

Bruce Peaslee

Odds is a funny concept. I was watching a poker match on TV yesterday where the winner beat 4 aces with a royal flush (Texas Hold'em). The odds are over 2,000,000,000 to 1. (They interupted play to take pictures of the spread.)

My last attempt at this had the computer pick the numbers that won the most (lucky numbers), the numbers that won the least (they're due), and just random. Didn't win anything  :D .
Bruce Peaslee
"Born too loose."
iTired (There's a nap for that.)
Well, I headed for Las Vegas
Only made it out to Needles

Rock Ridge Farm (Larry)

If you are a lucky person you could pick any 6 random numbers and they would win.
I can do the analysis - not get anything.
I can pick random - not get anything.
I can let the computer pick - not get anything.

Since the Florida lottery started I have played every week - never won anything
but then I have never been considered a lucky person. I have always had to be twice
as good as the next guy to get half the credit.

Several years back I was one of the high 3 scores on a test (all 3 scored the same).
To be "fair" they drew for first and second award - guess who came in third.

O well - it just keeps me trying harder.
I figure I will have the winning lottery ticket in my pocket the day I die :)

GWS

Larry, you are funny ..  :)

It's down to invoking hidden powers I've heard (you know - like spells) ..  ::)
Try reading up on witchcraft on a Wicca site - it's very interesting ..  :)

I think it goes something like burying a dollar under a tree, with a firm intention that you could do with more of these - then forget about it, and wait for the windfall ..  ;D ;D

Peaslee,  that was some game ..  :o
I agree chance is weird.

One guy, a year or so ago, bought his first Premium Bonds.  They have to wait a month before they are entered into the draw, and he won ÂÃ,£1m at the next draw - how lucky is that?

Some years ago, when my sister got married, they took off for London on honeymoon.  The following day, I drove my family back to Brighton, where we lived at the time - and driving through the centre of London - there was sister and hubby driving past waving at us.   What are the chances of that happening?

Lucky, lucky, lucky - just have to think positively ..  :P

all the best, :)

Graham

REDEBOLT

My method for wiining the lottery is this:

Take the money spent on lottery tickets and
stuff it in a sock instead of buying tickets.

Then, a year from now, empty the sock
and see how much money you "won."
Regards,
Bob