March 28, 2024, 06:31:06 AM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

HGE wrapper

Started by fasecero, December 19, 2008, 10:22:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fasecero

December 19, 2008, 10:22:01 PM Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 12:30:15 AM by fasecero
ebhge v. 0.2.0 released

Barney

I'd be interested in checking it out, but given the 2D capabilities of EBasic, is it really necessary to use HGE?

Barney

fasecero

Well, the 2D commands of EB are really good, but with HGE we can be able to aply "changes" in the sprites in real time (color, shape, etc) and we can use the particle system for example (to make fog, rain and so on). It's add sound&music support too (and aply sound effects, reberberation, eco, ...). And it's freeware, even for commercial ones.
So, my only goal here is to make the Emergence Basic even more amazing :)

peterpuk

Peter

pistol350

I'm intersted too.
I tried many demos created using that engine.
You can create really amazing stuff with it.
Regards,

Peter B.

fasecero

oh yes!. All basic functions are done, i'm wrapping the helpers  now. After this i will construct some of the tutorials. Thx for the answers

fasecero

December 23, 2008, 12:17:16 AM #6 Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 12:47:15 AM by fasecero
The wrapper is done, i'm making the examples ;)

Barney

Great news. Looking forward to trying it out. :)

Barney

pistol350

WOW, it seems that you've worked on it very actively.
There is no doubt i will use it, but there are a few things that i would like to learn from scratch,
without having any third party library doing it for me. For instance,applying changes to a sprite in real time such as applying any colour to it.
I have a small idea on how it works but coding it is the real thing.  ::)

Regards,

Peter B.

Locodarwin

fasecero

Thanks for showing that you are interested. It's going to take a bit longer to publicate the wrapper because of the celebration of X-mas. I have already wrotten the 3 first tutorials and work fine in EB. When i resume to work on it, i'll write the remaining tutorials, and finally, i'll publish them (this was wrotten by my nephew that is visiting me. He really knows english)

Happy X-mas for everyone!

fasecero

December 25, 2008, 11:08:06 PM #11 Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 09:12:29 PM by fasecero
ebhge v. 0.1.0 released
The hge documentation is in their site.

pistol350

Regards,

Peter B.

Locodarwin

Nice wrappers.  Thanks!

-S

Barney

Everything looks good so far. Thanks for this unexpected Christmas present.

Oh, yes. You said tutorial 4 is not working for you. It works on my computer and seems to be running fine.

Barney

fasecero

Thx. Please warn me any bug and i will try to fix (maybe it will takes a little, since i am making other project now :) ). Later on I will add more functions. 
God willing there is some brave able to make the tutorial 8, I didn't dare  ;D

aurelCB

On my comp don't work  ??? ???
I think that i have problem with ENUM command,
I will see do i can this force to work on different way...

Ionic Wind Support Team

Emergence has ENUM/ENDENUM which creates an enumeration, unless your using a very old unsupported version of course.  Not available in Creative.
Ionic Wind Support Team

fasecero

April 26, 2009, 11:57:03 AM #18 Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 09:11:34 PM by fasecero
This has already been requested to me several times by mail. Just replace hge.inc and hgeFunctions.inc with these.  
Note: I don't believe that it can be ported to Creative since the function hge_System_SetStateFunc needs the address of a subroutine.

aurelCB

Thanks Fasecero  :)
All examples now works fine.

fasecero

June 01, 2009, 12:32:52 AM #20 Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 01:04:04 AM by fasecero
Hello, new minor version.
Download in the first post of this theme, page 1. Ty :)

aurelCB