April 24, 2024, 12:38:19 PM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Anyone Interested in Code/Tutorials/Etc?

Started by Hootie, November 25, 2008, 04:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hootie

As some of you may know, I am creating a full-blown MMO game using Ebasic.  This is not a trivial undertaking and the project will take a long time to complete.  The reason I am posting this is ask if anyone would like me to post code  and tutorials in regards to steps I am going through to create this.  I'd be happy to share whatever I come up with as well as the process of going through a large-scale project like this.  Just let me know if you're interested.

Mark...

LarryMc

I'm sure it would be beneficial. Maybe not enmasse or exactly right now for some.

But I believe all tutorials, especially in areas not heavily tread, are more help than most people realize.

Larry
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Haim

Hello,
I wish you success with your project.
Tutorials are always welcome!
I look forward to see them.
Haim

GWS

Fascinating ..  :)  I'd like to see how it's done ..

Graham
Tomorrow may be too late ..

Allan

I would like to see your tutorial or brief on the project.

Allan

jerryclement

:)
I'm interested in code and tutorials that you would be willing to share!
Thank you in advance,
JerryC
Jerry - Newbie from TN

TazMan47

I am most definately interested!! Start'em coming.    ;D

Hootie

OK, I'll start working some up this weekend.

Mark...

barry

Glad to see it.  Tutorials are fun and I think they're just what this language and forum need!

Thank you!
Barry

hugh

Hi Mark

I am interested, as tutorials are few and far between at the moment.
I was trying to implement some 3d graphics in my Bingo program, but , alas , to no avail.
Looking forward to viewing your progress.

Good Luck, and thank you .

Hugh

Hootie

Quote from: hugh on November 27, 2008, 06:25:03 PM
I was trying to implement some 3d graphics in my Bingo program, but , alas , to no avail.
Looking forward to viewing your progress.

I hope I can help you although I will warn you that I probably won't be touching on anything specifically 3D for a few weeks.  Only about 15% of the code that goes into a game engine is 3D specific. The first tutorials will deal with laying a foundation and will build from there.

hugh

November 27, 2008, 08:34:21 PM #12 Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 08:37:56 PM by hugh
Hi Hootie
I  just take a step at a time, wrote a bingo program to emulate a Bingo hall, but still trying to enhance it.
i wont release it until i think  in my own mind its ready for the market! and that it will sell.
posted some code on it , way back, but its improved 200% since then, still struggling with @controlid..
Wanted to have , Balls with numbers jumping about at startup, but decided on JAVA SCRIPT, for the time being.
revolving world with COMPUTERISED BINGO following its rotation
but 2d would suffice.
But i requested and got help on a majority of things on the board.
Hate the ,"Read the Help file ones", been through it thousands of times, i try MSDN a lot.

Regards

Hugh

Ionic Wind Support Team

Hugh,
When I say "read the users guide" it is because the information you are seeking is in there.  I'll even try to point you to the exact page.  I realize there are 651 pages of information in the users guide, but I did work very hard on making it complete with everything you need to know about the syntax of the language.

Paul.
Ionic Wind Support Team

pistol350

That's the biggest project written in Ebasic i've heard about.
Like many others i'm looking forward to see it taking shape.
I hope you success in this project.

And sure i am interested in tutorials and pieces of code.
Regards,

Peter B.

hugh

Paul
I know you worked very hard, not just on the help, but also on Ebasic, I was in no way insinuating anything about the help file as such.
Some people see things very clearly, others dont.
I dont know how many times i have read this from poster, "Nothing in the help file" , it was, but they just could not see it.
The same happens to a lot of Posters, myself included.
An instance, It took me nearly a month to fully understand the "CallObject". now i have included in with the @IDCONTROL for Sapi to say a number
when a particular button is clicked.

I did not mean any offence against your person or your ability.

I am still Learning.

Regards

Hugh