April 25, 2024, 09:48:05 AM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

About COM programming

Started by talun, November 12, 2008, 02:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

talun

Good morning to all,

I would like to start to use the Ebasic COM capabilities but I need, if possible, of a help.

If I don't have misunderstood the help file, Ebasic allows two different approaches of COM programming, one with interface declaration and one without (script syntax).

Now my questions:

What is the more efficient method (interface/script syntax) in term of speed and resources ?

What is the syntax for the objects definition by using the script syntax approach? By studying the examples as that for Sapi.Voice, it seems to me that I need to use a COM browser (as that for Aurora written by Jose Roca), but I don't know if the browser listing needs a conversion for Ebasic and above all, I've not fully understood how as I can get the correct objects definition.

I've also googled the web, with muddling results.

Can someone help me?

thanks!  :)

Sergio

dossic

Hi !

I like the new way to use COM via DispHelper interface.  I just received an ADC board from Emant, and I had everything working in half an hour!

Yours  Carlo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Connection = CreateComObject("EMANT300COM.Wrapper", "")
GetComProperty(Connection,"%d",&_a,".ConfigDIO(%d)",8)
GetComProperty(Connection,"%d",&_a,".ConfigAnalog(%e,%d,%d)",1.25,0,25)
ii=0
volt=0
while ii<500
ii=ii+1
GetComProperty(Connection,"%d",&_a,".WriteDigitalPort(%d)",255)
GetComProperty(Connection,"%d",&_a,".WriteDigitalPort(%d)",0)
_volt2=0
for i=1 to 4
GetComProperty(Connection,"%e",&_volt,".ReadAnalog(%d,%d)",2,3)
_volt2=_volt2+_volt
next i
_volt2=_volt2/4*1000
print (millisecs()-timeiniz), "  ",_volt2, "   ", (_volt2-viniz)/_volt2*10^6, " ppm"
viniz=_volt2
WEND
getcomproperty(Connection,"%d",&_a,".Close")
Connection->Release()