April 26, 2024, 12:18:50 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

.B3D Models?

Started by Swos2008, June 22, 2008, 10:05:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swos2008

June 22, 2008, 10:05:04 AM Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 10:07:35 AM by Swos2008
Hiya all,

I try doing 3D World Studio then Export to B3D Models then do coding Ebasic of putting load mesh up but does Ebasic Support B3D Models?

please let me know as soon as possible.

cheers

P.S. I am ex-Blitz 3D user  :)

Ionic Wind Support Team

Nope.  You can use 3ds, md2, X or skinnedX currently.
Ionic Wind Support Team

Swos2008

My 3D World studio can Export in X , b3d, dbo and map.

Are you planning to have B3D in it?

Is there Blitz3D library for Ebasic?

cheers

pistol350

Regards,

Peter B.

Swos2008

Thank you pistol350....I am new to Ebasic and still learning.  :)

Barney

Swos2008, you can always use "Ultimate Unwrap 3D", which is a great UV mapping tool but is also used by many as 3D file translation tool. It can import and export many different 3D formats, so you can easily import your B3D models end export them in 3DS or X format readable by EBasic's 3D routines.

Also, if you visit Blitz Basic's web site, you'll find the description of B3D format there. It can help you to write your own B3D importer for EBasic. You can also purchase B3D SDK, which can be used with EBasic but be warned that it costs $100 and it supports DirectX 7 only. EBasic's 3D supports DirectX 9 and is nicely packaged into the EBasic's way of doing things.

It is less known here but Mark is creating a new 3D lib, which will support shaders and all modern 3D stuff. As it will most likely be available in the form of a standard DLL it will most likely work with EBasic but you'll have to be prepared to wait until at least this Xmas if not longer.

So, to cut the long story short, ULtimate Unwrap or "write your own importer" seems to be the best options at the moment.

Barney

Swos2008

thank you for link Barney