March 29, 2024, 12:25:51 AM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Access violation in acparse.exe

Started by Mike Stefanik, January 13, 2006, 03:39:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Stefanik

This (incorrect) code will cause acparse.exe to throw an access violation and die instead of reporting the error:

global sub NullBug(),string
{
return null;
}

global sub main()
{
writeln("Ouch!\n");
}

It looks like the parser doesn't like "null" being passed as a return value there.
Mike Stefanik
www.catalyst.com
Catalyst Development Corporation

Ionic Wind Support Team

Ionic Wind Support Team

Zen

Ive just had a crash too. Here's the code...

declare extern mysql_init(MYSQL *MySQL),MYSQL;

MySQL :: MySQL() {

initialized = false;

object = mysql_init(null); /* Removing This Line Stops The Crash */

// if(object <> null) {

// initialized = true;

// }

return;

}

Parker

Declaring it as a string pointer will allow you to pass null, maybe that's why I was wanting the dereferencing to work.

Zen

Parker

I mean on the line that says mysql_init. You should declare it as
declare import/extern(??) mysql_init(string *param),return_type;
of course that won't compile since you have to know the return_type and whether it uses import or extern.

Zen

look at the code i posted above i have got this...

Is that not what you mean?

Lewis

Parker

Oh oops, I didn't see that :-[

What is object declared as? If it's a MYSQL* then make the function return POINTER, since typed pointer returns are not supported, and not needed.

Zen

no its not a pointer to MYSQL, just returns a MYSQL structure.

Lewis

Zen

Ok. I sorted my problem. it was because i had created an empty structure. I just made it until i had the externals done for the MySQL library. Even still it is crashing the parser rather than returning an error.

Lewis

Ionic Wind Support Team

I think what parker is saying is Aurora can return structures from functions as it uses heap memory to do so, most other languages can't, including C. 

Would be wrong since Aurora is expecting the function to return a MYSQL structure from the external function, unless of course mysql_init is your own.  If your using a third party DLL then it should also be an "import" not an "extern".

If it is a third party library check the header carefully for #typdef's to see what MYSQL resolves to.

Paul.
Ionic Wind Support Team

Zen

yes its a static library. Ive checked the headers and MYSQL is just a structure.

Lewis

Ionic Wind Support Team

And the original function definition?
Ionic Wind Support Team

Zen

From the MySQL Manual it says...

MYSQL *mysql_init(MYSQL *mysql)

So i guess it actualy returns a pointer to that structure. I am having linking to the static library function at compile time also. Its say unresolved extern but i have the library in the libs directory and am using the #use statement.

Any ideas on that one?

Lewis

Parker

I would say
declare cdecl extern mysql_init(MYSQL* mysql),pointer;

Anyone know what the argument I can use with ar to get the globals of a library? This one is giving us lots of problems.

Parker

Nevermind, we found it. The nm tool is used to list symbols in case anyone's interested.