March 28, 2024, 06:23:30 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

A possible problem

Started by Rock Ridge Farm (Larry), January 12, 2006, 07:43:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rock Ridge Farm (Larry)

I have noticed that as I work in the editor and do many changes and rebuilds the program will start doing unwanted things like not reflecting the latest changes or not
reading from files. If I exit Aurora and re-start all is well.
Is this a problem or just me as usual?

Rock Ridge Farm (Larry)

I also noticed the line numbers in the editor get confused.
A group of line numbers will be missing. The return on restart of Aurora.

Rock Ridge Farm (Larry)

One more thing - I just discovered that if I do not close the source file and restart Aurora
the problem remains. If I close the source file and close Aurora then restart and re-load it works OK. I suspect it is a file handle issue since I am starting and stopping the program
possibly without proper close of open files.

Parker

Have you used code folding? If you see + signs in the margins, that means you've folded some code, and it will not be visible, and its line numbers will disappear. Just click the + again to see it. I've never had any problems with the IDE like this, so I can't imagine what's wrong.

Bruce Peaslee

I have not experience these problems.

"The only dumb question is the one to which I don't have the answer."ÂÃ,  ÂÃ, ;)
Bruce Peaslee
"Born too loose."
iTired (There's a nap for that.)
Well, I headed for Las Vegas
Only made it out to Needles

Rock Ridge Farm (Larry)

No '+' but I did see a couple of '-'. I wondered what they were.
I still think it has to do with not properly closing files. It only happens in programs where
I am reading input from files. The code does have the close at the end of the read loop.

Rock Ridge Farm (Larry)

OK - saw the '+' this time when the line numbers were wrong. That solves that part
of the problem - thanks for the heads up.

Rock Ridge Farm (Larry)

OK - BIG DUH!
I realized how I was causing this to happen.
I was opening a second program for use as an example. The second program was in
another directory. I guess the editor assumes the last directory as the current directory.
So when I went back to the original program the file I was reading was no longer in the
current directory.
So my possible problem was my own stupid mistake.

Ionic Wind Support Team

always specify complete or derived paths when working with files ;)

"c:\\files\file.xxx"

"..\\..\\file.xxx"

etc.
Ionic Wind Support Team