March 28, 2024, 01:02:53 PM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

LIB files

Started by talun, November 12, 2007, 08:56:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

talun

After a series of tests, I’ve noticed that intensive computing routines are generally much faster in Aurora than in Ebasic.
My question is: is possible to use LIB files created with the Aurora compiler in Ebasic programs? (I’m not very intersted with DLL use)

thanks

Sergio

Ionic Wind Support Team

If you stick to computational routines then they will probably work fine.

Heap usage is diffierent in the compilers so avoid using string functions. 

Paul.
Ionic Wind Support Team

Parker

November 12, 2007, 04:21:42 PM #2 Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 04:24:47 PM by Parker
I recall not being able to use IBasic Pro's .libs with Aurora because of some naming conflicts. I know that EBasic was designed to work around IBP's libs and such at first, and was going to transition to full Aurora compatibility with version 1.6. Until then, though I'm not sure, you may get some errors linking.

Edit - I remember what the problem was. Since some Aurora and EB/IB functions have different names currently, it is necessary to link the runtime library for each language being used. However, some of the functions have the same names, which results in conflicts. If the functions all had the same names (as was planned for EB1.6), then one runtime library could be used, and there would be no conflicts.

talun