April 25, 2024, 01:33:40 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Any news?

Started by ExMember001, October 02, 2007, 05:15:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExMember001

Well, i was wondering if there will be an update soon with more command for gui and file handling :)
any news on the linux version ?

Ionic Wind Support Team

I am working on it more now.  Had to update to the latest Ubuntu which took a while to get everything setup correctly again. 

Soon I will have a separate machine to use for Linux development so I don't have to dual boot anymore.  Already have a KVM switch set up for it.  Then I can push-button back and forth, and copy files over my network when needed.

Paul.
Ionic Wind Support Team

ExMember001

great just setup ubuntu on my new machine too !
i need more commands to be able to do something usable ;)

Duffer

Ionic Wind Support Team

No.  That post was right before I was contracted with my real job.  Haven't even booted into Linux since last year and don't have time to work on it at the moment.

Paul.

Ionic Wind Support Team

Duffer

Thanks, Paul.  Never hurts to ask ;D

Ionic Wind Support Team

Linux version was updated, available in the subscribers center, for those that didn't get the email.

Paul.
Ionic Wind Support Team

BumbleBee

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the update.
Do we have to install any special thing?
The parser creates the asm and the object file successfully, but the linker fails:

ld -lc -lgtk-x11-2.0 -o "hi" "hi.o" /usr/lib/libebasic.a --dynamic-linker /lib/ld-linux.so.2
/usr/lib/libebasic.a(conmain.o): In function `_start':
conmain.asm:(.text+0x23): undefined reference to `_ib_main'

I've installed nasm, libc-dev, gtk-dev, but got the same message on Ubuntu 8.04 and Suse 11.0 too.

B.

Ionic Wind Support Team

Either put $main in your source file or compile with the main switch:

ebparse hi.eba hi.o /m

Ionic Wind Support Team

BumbleBee

:)

OK, my fault...
Thanks Paul, I haven't got any other question ::)

ExMember001

great, thanks Paul.
seems to work fine so far ;)

Ionic Wind Support Team

Linux version updated again.  See the subscribers center for details.

Thanks,
Paul.
Ionic Wind Support Team

Barney

Looks like I'll have to install Ubuntu just to try this one out. :)

Well... let's see...

Barney

Ionic Wind Support Team

Doesn't have to be Ubuntu.  Dependencies are low so you should be able to get it to work in any Linux distro.  ebtinyide has the extra dependency of libgtksourceview-1.0, which in Ubuntu is part of the default install because of gnome editor. 

Paul.
Ionic Wind Support Team

Rock Ridge Farm (Larry)

I am running it on Mandrivia.

Barney

Quote from: Paul Turley on July 31, 2008, 10:40:00 AM
Doesn't have to be Ubuntu.  Dependencies are low so you should be able to get it to work in any Linux distro.  ebtinyide has the extra dependency of libgtksourceview-1.0, which in Ubuntu is part of the default install because of gnome editor. 

Paul.
Oh, I know it should works on other distributions, too. It's just that I have the latest Ubuntu CD image here, and was just looking for a good excuse to install it. Now I have the excuse...  ;D

Barney

jerryclement

Thanks for the update Paul, will try it out this evening.

Jerry Clement
;)
Jerry - Newbie from TN

Allan

When will the EB Linux be available for users?

Ionic Wind Support Team

? It is available now in the subscribers center.
Ionic Wind Support Team

Allan

Thanks.

PayPal seem to have screwed my account up somehow as they claim I am already using the Credit Card number.
Must have been another account. Will try working out the issue with them.

Copex

Im geting this error,

./ebtinyide: error while loading shared libraries: libgtksourceview-1.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

ubuntu x64 8.10 :-(
-
I really should learn how to use a spell checker! though im not sure how it will help someone who can not spell?
-
Except where otherwise noted, content Posted By Copex is
licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

Ionic Wind Support Team

January 25, 2009, 10:04:11 AM #21 Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 10:22:29 AM by Paul Turley
Your missing a package.  Try:

sudo apt-get install gtksourceview

from a shell.
Ionic Wind Support Team

Copex

Couldn't find package gtksourceview
-
I really should learn how to use a spell checker! though im not sure how it will help someone who can not spell?
-

Ionic Wind Support Team

Make sure you have all the repositories enabled, universe, multiverse, etc in synaptic.    This is really a question for the Ubuntu forums as I really don't know why you're missing that package, it is part of the base install afaik.  At least it is in 8.04 and 8.10 32bit versions.

perhaps

sudo apt-get install libgtksourceview

Paul.
Ionic Wind Support Team

Copex

Hi Paul

i have installed according to symmetric package manager libgtksourceview is installed, i will post on the ubuntu forums and post if i get a reply.

i was going to write a bash script to get the required packages and install linux eb :-(

-
-