March 28, 2024, 02:51:51 AM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Modified Asteroids

Started by Raid, September 12, 2007, 11:46:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raid

Hi Guys.. I've been playing around with Emergence a bit lately, and getting a good feel for the language.

I present to you my version of Asteroids based on the source code that comes with the compiler.

http://bughunter.it-mate.co.uk/asteroids.zip

Welcome to Asteroids v1.0a
Based on the source code provided with Emergence Basic
www.ionicwind.com

The control keys are easy:

F1 = Start game
F2 = Change playing music (it has 15 soundtracks presently)
CTRL= Fire Weapon
SHIFT=Shields Up/Down (they will stay on for 4 seconds and automatically turn off)
SPACEBAR=HyperJump (not the most reliable method of transport, you have been warned!)

Arrow Keys ***
Up=Forward Thrusters
Down=Reverse Thrusters
Left=Turn the Ship Left
Right=Turn the Ship Right

Notes:

The game comes inside a self extracting .zip file to ensure all of the files are placed where they should go
and to preserve long filenames.

This game is different from the original as follows:
The ship still has control and weapons when shields are up; Colliding with an asteroid of any size
while shields are up will destroy the asteroid, but you won't get points for the kill.
The shields will still pass thru enemy ships Shield uptime has been extended from 2 seconds to 4 seconds.

When the game first starts, you will probably notice the cool soundtrack. Press enter and the game will
begin, selecting a new soundtrack randomly (out of 15). Every time you advance a level or press F2 the
soundtrack will change!

The modified Emergence Basic source code for this game is in ASTEROIDS.EBA

Enjoy!

Sept 13th, 2007
Dustin Cook
Proudly licensed EBASIC owner since Feb 2009. Network library present!

Haim

Nice one!
Thanks for sharing
Haim

Barney

Good one. Nice music. :)

Actually I keep listening that great "Pink Panther" tune and forgetting about the asteroids... ;)

Thanks for sharing.

Barney