April 24, 2024, 01:47:58 PM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

.inc error

Started by LarryMc, January 05, 2006, 05:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryMc

In IBP I had a dummy .incc file that I used to get a help file I wanted into the IDE help menu.ÂÃ,  Worked fine.

I just copied that file (tlm.incc) to the binary directory of Aurora.

It shows up in the menu okay but it keeps me from compiling.ÂÃ,  I change the name from tlm.incc to tlm.inccxxx and it gives me the same errors.

QuoteCompiling...
mdidemo.src
File: C:\Aurora\bin\tlm.inccxxx (1) invalid character '0x27'
- '
File: C:\Aurora\bin\tlm.inccxxx (1) syntax error - |
File: C:\Aurora\bin\tlm.inccxxx (1) invalid character '0x27'
- '
File: C:\Aurora\bin\tlm.inccxxx (2) invalid character '0x27'
- '
File: C:\Aurora\bin\tlm.inccxxx (3) invalid character '0x27'
- '
File: C:\Aurora\bin\tlm.inccxxx (4) invalid character '0x27'
- '
File: C:\Aurora\bin\tlm.inccxxx (4) invalid character '0x27'
- '
File: C:\Aurora\bin\tlm.inccxxx (5) invalid character '0x27'
- '
Error(s) in compiling C:\Aurora\examples\mdidemo.src

Will that be fixed at some point in time?  I like to be able to add the extra crutches to the help menu.
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Zen

That is because the design of the IDE is different to the IBasic one. Although looks can be decieving. There are no .incc files in Aurora. the librarys are simple include files with the function and class declarations in them. Im not sure how Paul plans to do the docs part of it yet as there are none.

So basicly what is happening now is the compiler is trying to compile whatever is in you file you made and is giving you a syntax error.

My guess is you will probrably have to wait a while to see what Paul is doing about docs and the IDE. At the moment getting the actual language up and running will be a bigger priority.

Lewis

Ionic Wind Support Team

Aurora uses .inc files and doesn't use command paks.  So it does not read the file for help menu items.  There will be no add on 'paks' in Aurora, everything will be included.
Ionic Wind Support Team

Parker

I've found that the IDE does add the .incc files information to the help menu. What you may want to try is surrounding them with /* */. But this is just a hack, the IDE probably won't have this behaivor later in the future. The compiler apparently searches the directory for .inc* files, so .incc, .incx, .incajkaioajp2398 would all match. But for later, there'll probably be another way to do it, we'll have to wait and see.