April 20, 2024, 02:48:09 AM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Date field

Started by Brian, March 29, 2007, 02:55:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

Hi,

I have an mdb field set as a Date/Time and formatted as Short Date

When I show the field in EBasic, I get the date AND a time string. I only want to show
the date, preferably as "English," ie, dd-mm-yyyy. How do I go about this?

Also, if the mdb is on a server (or shared directory), can multiple users connect
to it simultaneously, and what would be the best way to connect to it?

Many thanks,

Brian

peterpuk

Brian,

Check the database example I just posted a few days ago. I display the date in an edit box as mm-dd-yyyy but you can swap it easily. Also have you worked out your linking issues with your previous post?

Hope this helps you.
Peter

Brian

Peterpuk (that can't be your real name!),

Thanks for the reply - I'll have a look at your example. I got your example program to compile and run,
and added a couple of names and addresses, but then the stock buttons wouldn't do anything. What
am I doing wrong? Is there anything more I should do?

Yes, I've fixed the links, thanks. The program is running pretty well now - it's not pretty,
but it works!

Brian

peterpuk

Brian,

the Puk is the first 3 letters of my surname  ;)

My example only has the Customer Maintenance window. I did not finish the Stock or Order Entry because it was taking too long, so these buttons are just sitting there, doing nothing. The Stock Maintenance window would be identical to the Customer window (if I had finished it), but the field names would have been modified, etc.

I was actually going to provide the example as an answer to your question on how to link records, but like I said it was taking too long (I also have to come to grips with EB).

I am producing a doucument on databases (a beginners guide) which I will post on the forums, in the hope it will help.

Peter