April 25, 2024, 11:12:05 AM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

New test program

Started by Ionic Wind Support Team, February 26, 2007, 10:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ionic Wind Support Team

Here is the next test program from Linux.  After downloading rename to remove the zip extension, chmod to make it executable and either double click to run or from a terminal use ./keno

This is the keno game from Emergence.  It is the first test executable using controls.  It will probably look vastly different on your system if you don't have the msttcorefonts package installed.  msttcorefonts includes fonts such as Ariel, Courier, Times, Verdana, etc.  I would be interested in screen shots from systems without those fonts, just to see how the pango font manager maps it.

I picked this example because it covered a lot of the core drawing commands of Emergence. 

There are a few idiosynchracies still.  One you will notice is when a button is disabled and reenabled that you have to move your mouse pointer off of the button and back on in order to click on it again.  Still trying to figure that one out, GTK's buttons are a little oddball and are not based on a real window, so getting them to draw and respond correctly was a pain. 

At this point I have a couple of hundred hours into the Linux project.  Not bad progress considering all the other programming I have to do ;) 

Paul.
Ionic Wind Support Team

Doc

Nifty!

...although I have no idea what the rules and objectives of Keno might be, it all seems to be working none the less. I'd post a screenie, but I've already installed the core fonts. ::)

-Doc-

Ionic Wind Support Team

Pick 1 to 10 balls, chose your bet, and hit 'start'.  The payout is shown on the right.  Keno is the same as 'Pick-10' in most states.  The draw picks 20 balls out of 80 randomly.   You have to like lotto games to really enjoy programs like this. 

The credits are arbetrary.  If you think of them as quarters then the maximum payout for matching all ten balls on max bet is $50,000

Ionic Wind Support Team

Ionic Wind Support Team

Any other comments or issues?  Screen shots?
Ionic Wind Support Team

Rock Ridge Farm (Larry)

I am out of town with only this windoz box. Will test Friday when I get home.

Blue Steel

February 27, 2007, 09:43:29 PM #5 Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 09:45:43 PM by Blue Steel
Where are the sounds.. lol you can't have keno without sounds LOL (only joking)

Its all working.. slight glitch where you need to click elsewhere in window before hitting the start button after each run.. ie: hitting start. then hitting start again the start button doesn't register until you first click elasewhere in the window (not necessarily on another option.. ie: it can be anywhere including just on the BG).

here are 2 screen scots.. again remember i'm using Mandriva linux 2007
  http://www.codingmonkeys.com
Covers many languages including Aurora , IWBasicEbasic (Ebasic, IBasic) , Creative Basic

Ionic Wind Support Team

Yes I meantioned about the buttons not responding after being reenabled in the first post.  You don't need to click anywhere, just move the mousepointer off of the button and back onto it.  Thanks for the screenshots ;)
Ionic Wind Support Team

Tom Cone Jr

Ok, here's screenshot from Ubuntu 6.

This is my first experience with Linux, and it took a bit of research to figure out how to make the download executable.  Turns out using the Gnome desktop it was simply a matter of right clicking the shortcut (after removing the file extension), and then using the Properties option to make the object executatble. 

Then had to figure out how to take a screenshot, and then get Firefox going. 

I'm slowly inching up the Linux curve.

-- tom

JimH

I haven't been able to figure out how to get a screen shot yet.  :-[  Yeah, one of these days...

I have successfully tried all the example programs including this one on Xubuntu 6.06 (Ubuntu with the low-overhead Xfce GUI).

<*> Jim

Marco Lohnen

runs perfect under latest Ubuntu beta

ExMember001

a little late but it work perfect on Ubuntu 7.04 ;)
is the linux compiler to be release soon?

Allan

Screenshot from Ubuntu 7.04. Thu July 19 after all updates performed. And only the GTK2 libs as extras.

Allan