May 02, 2024, 05:45:05 AM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Lets re-group...

Started by tjs, December 12, 2006, 05:42:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tjs

Guys,

You have a lot to say about me...but that wasn't the point!!!

Can we now re-focus (to paraphrase Larry) and get on with prompting Ionic as best we can.

You should, by now, know where I'm coming from, so I'll simply repeat...

IF you have a web site with any Paul Turley code on there, well, hell, just promote it and let us have the links!!

I also repeat that I'll host any (small) apps for you if you cannot.

email your attachmentsÂÃ,  to:

support@midwavi.com

and I'll do my best to link to you and Ionic.

Merry Xmas all :)

Terry (tjs)
www.midwavi.com The home of MidWavi Pro - Sound~Video~Graphics

J B Wood (Zumwalt)

TJS, you didn't need to start this second thread, we got your point in the first thread, I would have moved or merged this into the other thread if I was a moderator of this thread. No one is attacking you, and you will get critisized about your site when you post a link to it no matter where it is. Don't get so riled up about it.
Please do not start more threads on this same subject, one is enough. Thanks

edit: as a side note, I get critisized about my sites all the time.

tjs

Quote from: Jonathan (zumwalt) Wood on December 12, 2006, 05:49:00 PM
TJS, you didn't need to start this second thread, we got your point in the first thread, I would have moved or merged this into the other thread if I was a moderator of this thread. No one is attacking you, and you will get critisized about your site when you post a link to it no matter where it is. Don't get so riled up about it.

OK J,

I'll go silent now if that's what you think...I was just trying to help...but I understand your view.

tjs

tjs

Quote from: tjs on December 12, 2006, 05:58:58 PM
Quote from: Jonathan (zumwalt) Wood on December 12, 2006, 05:49:00 PM

OK J,

I'll go silent now if that's what you think...I was just trying to help...but I understand your view.

tjs

And, of course, if Paul agrees with your sentiments, I will immediately delete all reference to Ionic from our web sites.

For my part, I have no appetite to engage in any sort of conflict, but you appear to have.

I do hope this will resolve into an amicable solution (I don't want Paul to be the victim here, so lighten up eh).

If I some how offended, my apologies.

Lets all stay friends :)

tjs

J B Wood (Zumwalt)

*scratches his head*
TJS, I have no clue what you are going on about, you state you understand where I am coming from but apparenlty you have no clue. You ramble on about some sort of "conflict" when all I did was inform you to not create multiple threads on the same subject, this isn't even a round table subject and belongs in General, you know this.

Your telling me to lighten up, but did you read your first post? It was luke warm near a flame about the other thread that you started.
On top of it all, you quoted yourself in agrivation blaming me for something that I have no clue what ever it is you are blaming me for.

Simply put TJS, your initial post in this thread just belonged in your original thread, thats it, nothing more, so I have no clue what you are reading into this.
Either way, your site is your site, do with it as you wish, just don't go getting all upset when someone says something about it. there is no "victim" here, just some odd vibes from you at the moment, which again, I have no clue what you are on about.

tjs

Quote from: Jonathan (zumwalt) Wood on December 12, 2006, 06:42:17 PM
*scratches his head*
TJS, I have no clue what you are going on about, you state you understand where I am coming from but apparenlty you have no clue. You ramble on about some sort of "conflict" when all I did was inform you to not create multiple threads on the same subject, this isn't even a round table subject and belongs in General, you know this.

Your telling me to lighten up, but did you read your first post? It was luke warm near a flame about the other thread that you started.
On top of it all, you quoted yourself in agrivation blaming me for something that I have no clue what ever it is you are blaming me for.

Simply put TJS, your initial post in this thread just belonged in your original thread, thats it, nothing more, so I have no clue what you are reading into this.
Either way, your site is your site, do with it as you wish, just don't go getting all upset when someone says something about it. there is no "victim" here, just some odd vibes from you at the moment, which again, I have no clue what you are on about.

OK J,

Thanks for taking the time and trouble to reply...

Guess we will never understand each others points of viewÂÃ,  ;D

No matter ehÂÃ,  ;D

Stay well.

tjss

mrainey

Software For Metalworking
http://closetolerancesoftware.com

Brice Manuel

Ionic Wind Support Team

Everyone take a deep breath.  Terry's original intention was to try and help promote Emergence BASIC from his own sites, and he asked my permission ahead of time before doing so.

Give constructive critcism about his site and offer suggestions on how he may improve upon it.  Perhaps a few more pages instead of everything piled onto one for example.

Paul.
Ionic Wind Support Team

tjs

Quote from: Paul Turley on December 12, 2006, 10:19:39 PM
Everyone take a deep breath.  Terry's original intention was to try and help promote Emergence BASIC from his own sites, and he asked my permission ahead of time before doing so.

Give constructive critcism about his site and offer suggestions on how he may improve upon it.  Perhaps a few more pages instead of everything piled onto one for example.

Paul.

Thanks Paul,

Guys, if you haven't, you might care to read my post here:

http://www.ionicwind.com/forums/index.php/topic,1219.msg11586.html#msg11586

Now, enough of all this, and let's get on with the business  :D

Cheers to all.

Terry (tjs)

tjs

Quote from: Garrett on December 13, 2006, 02:03:02 AM
This is one of those situations where no matter what you say, someone is going to get hurt feelings.

TJS, your web site is in real need of work.ÂÃ,  You probably do not have a lot of experience with web design itself.ÂÃ,  I suggest that you look for a free website template.ÂÃ,  There's a lot of good free templates out there.

It's hard for someone to take your site and your product(s) seriously if the web site is not well done.ÂÃ,  Right now, you have way too many distracting items on your pages and the layout spreads out the info far too much, way too many trinket images that have nothing to do with your products.

To me, if the company or person doesn't seem to put much effort into their website, then they probably didn't put much effort into their product or service either and I don't want anything to do with it.ÂÃ,  This may not always be true, but it's all about first impressions.ÂÃ,  In reality, people do have a habit of judging a book by it's cover.

Here's a couple of sites with some very nice free website templates:

http://www.sarkis-webdesign.com/free-web-site-templates.html
http://www.easyfreetemplates.com/free_website_templates.php
http://www.freewebsitetemplates.com/

As for the subject of this topic, yes, I'll be sure to add a link and some info about eBasic on my links page too.ÂÃ,  :-)

-Garrett

Hi Garrett,

Once again, thanks for taking the time and trouble to respond...but...you Guys seem to be missing the point!

This (and another one) thread has NOTHING to do with the merits (or otherwise) of my website, rather, EVERYTHING to do with trying to promote Ionic.

I have to say that, with the predictable demise of IB (in the hands of Tom), Ionic is now in a very strong position given the right publicity (and before you ask, I have absolutely no vested interest here...I just admire what Paul is doing).

So, PLEASE, no more 'advice' and much more 'let's go Ionic'ÂÃ,  >:(

And of course Garrett, thanks for the mention of a link to EBasicÂÃ,  ;D

tjs.

Rod

Reading all this from the (until now) sidelines, I must say that it appears to me the critique of Terry's website was un-solicited.

Jonathan, while I would generally agree that one thread per topic is enough, in this case I think the other thread went far enough astray that it was appropriate to bring it back on track with a new one.

I just wish I had a high-traffic commercial site on which I could promote Paul's excellent works. I'm afraid my neighborhood association site won't do him much good.

J B Wood (Zumwalt)

Rod, I did take into consideration the derailing (partial derailment) of the first thread, but the initial intent was still very clear to me, but that is how I read it.
His current intent is still clear to me, and humans being what they are, 99/100 times when you post a link to a site that you own, and someone has an oppinion about it (good or bad) the oppinion ends up in the thread, no matter how many new threads you start, its just human nature.

As TJS is pointing out, it is a great product to promote on all sites that everyone owns, regardless of what the site looks like.
He is not intentionally soliciting advice for how to create a website, but like I said, you post a link, people will post there thougths about your site in the thread you posted your link.

TJS has the best of intentions, thats undeniable.

I have, what TJS has, which is links back to Aurora on my sites also, here are the links if anyone wants to critique them or see how I have the links setup.
www.jbwws.com
www.hawk-systems.net
www.gamedevonline.com

My sites are busy with content.

tjs

December 13, 2006, 01:20:50 PM #13 Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 01:46:30 PM by tjs
Thanks to all you Guys that have taken the time and trouble to respond.

'bout time to close this one down eh?

Let's hope somebody else starts a new thread entitled:

'Hey, has anybody considered a push for Ionic' (only kidding)ÂÃ,  ;D

Terry.

J B Wood (Zumwalt)

TJS you do know your signature is missing the V in the url ?
:) great way to send people to midway auto sales though :)  ;D

tjs

Quote from: Jonathan (zumwalt) Wood on December 13, 2006, 02:21:46 PM
:) great way to send people to midway auto sales though :)ÂÃ,  ;D

Hi J,

You are correct, but that's a first...I've just checked my profile, and it clearly shows the correct URL.

Any idea what's going on (of MUCH more concern, could this sort of thing affect sales at Ionic) ???

Thanx.

Terry.

J B Wood (Zumwalt)

I would just redo the signature URL line completely and resave it.
That should fix it.

tjs

December 14, 2006, 02:41:32 PM #17 Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 03:19:27 PM by tjs
Quote from: Jonathan (zumwalt) Wood on December 13, 2006, 02:21:46 PM
:) great way to send people to midway auto sales though :)ÂÃ,  ;D

J,

You were spot onÂÃ,  ÂÃ, ;D

I'm sure it was not like this before, but, sure enough in the Sig section of my Profile, it WAS missing the 'V' (all others seem OK).

This could easily explain why some of you thought I was making 'Random' linksÂÃ,  ;)

Needless to say, I have amended this and all 'seems' normal againÂÃ,  ???

Thanks for your observation and help.

Terry.

J B Wood (Zumwalt)

No problem Terry, any time.