April 20, 2024, 01:58:47 AM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

to be continued...

Started by J B Wood (Zumwalt), December 10, 2006, 11:06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J B Wood (Zumwalt)

teaser of something to come

ExMember001

Zen

Awesome! and is that actually rendered in Aurora?

Lewis

J B Wood (Zumwalt)

This is part of my cutscene rendered in Bryce 6.0 (linked via my signature).  The Wasp is a model I purchased with an additional skin for a whopping $4.00 ($1.99 for the model, $1.99 for the skin, got a pack of them). Going to use the Wasp for the intro, add some sound and a tad more animation. I can't use there models for 3d games, but can use them for animation sequences and 2d games. That can easily be rendered in Aurora, but I won't do it with there model. My models are not as crisp as that, but they are low poly for games, but when you see them from the angle I am using, you won't be able to tell much of a difference.

This is for a surface runner type game I am starting. You fly around in mud skippers like this one, destroying the enemy. Pretty straight forward. Trying to get the intro done first since the game itself isn't that hard to do. I can easily use the models for a 2d version of the game that is isometric, and appears to be 3d with shadows. Haven't decided yet which is easier.

Probably the 2d iso, but it easier to keep track of project progress and allow others to see the game creation thought process if I post as I go along. :)

Shannara

Heh, I have the Wasps plus skins from Daz3D as well, was a really nice purchase. .. if I remember correctly, you can export them in Bryce 6 and use them in a 3D engine .. ..
Love is staying up all night with a sick child, or a healthy adult.

Zen

Bryce is fun. I had a copy of 5 I think a while back. Had loads of fun playing around with it. Since I got interested in 3Dmax i never tried using it since, would be cool to import models into it.

Lewis

J B Wood (Zumwalt)

Nope Sync, there license explicitly denies you to use any models you purchase in a 3d game unless it is a sprite.
(flat rendered object) That doesn't mean I can't make a flat sprite overhead object (fla plane) with the rendered object on top of it, so that it casts a shadow based on the sprite :)

Just can't tilt the sprite and have a proper orientation for the image though..
I can model, I can't UV map worth a crap. Thats my handicap at the moment. So I buy what I need.

Shannara

That could be it. I use the models I purchased as sprites as I found no restrictions in the installation license for such. I'll have to look at the installation license to see if they mention anything about games though.
Love is staying up all night with a sick child, or a healthy adult.

kryton9

Hey Z, wow that looks really sharp. Sorry been working on other things, but reading and not posting here much. Keep up the great work!!