April 18, 2024, 11:14:11 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Negative float values don't work with DATA statement?

Started by MikeHart, December 06, 2006, 01:40:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeHart

Paul,

according to the documentation EBasic should be able to work with negative float values
inside a DATA statement.
It seems that the parser don't like them as it produces an error.

Ionic Wind Support Team

Works here, but I will be happy to look into it for you.
Ionic Wind Support Team

mrainey

Using a proven project, I put a minus sign in front of a DATA value in a .inc file and got this error:  CONST/DATA unsupported operation
The .inc file name and number of the line with the altered DATA value were correctly shown.
Software For Metalworking
http://closetolerancesoftware.com

Ionic Wind Support Team

I may have inadvertantly fixed it since the last update.  I added global constant initializers from the Aurora parser which uses a completely different preparser.  Like I said though I will look into it ;)
Ionic Wind Support Team

MikeHart

Quote from: mrainey on December 06, 2006, 08:46:57 PM
Using a proven project, I put a minus sign in front of a DATA value in a .inc file and got this error:ÂÃ,  CONST/DATA unsupported operation
The .inc file name and number of the line with the altered DATA value were correctly shown.

Thanks Michael for backing me up.

Ionic Wind Support Team

I said I would look into it Mike, you didn't need backing up and it is the first time anyone reported anything of the like with Emergence. However it works on the current build here so you need not fret about it any longer. ::)

Ionic Wind Support Team