April 25, 2024, 05:58:49 PM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Getstartpath problem with 1.5

Started by barry, December 04, 2006, 09:54:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

barry

When I choose a windows target and compile and execute it works fine the first time.  But then if I look in the box for the target exe the path is changed from that of the source file to simply "exe".   After that the run button is grayed out and I have to recompile to run from the IDE and then getstartpath returns c:\.

Barry

Ionic Wind Support Team

delete the .opts file and start again.  Do you know off hand what the path was you were trying to save to?  I wasn't able to duplicate.
Ionic Wind Support Team

barry

C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\My Documents\Ebasic\Test\dx_windowed.exe

I have deleted the .opts file.  Then it works fine for the first compile and does the same thing again.

Barry

barry

Well, now it's working correctly.  I had previously tried a number of times.  I had restarted Ebasic several times.  Deleted the .opts file several times.  It kept right on doing it.  Nothing has changed since then.  I haven't rebooted or run any other programs since then but now it's working.

If it happens again I'll let you know.

Barry

Ionic Wind Support Team

OK.  Weird though.  I just created that exact path on my machine and still couldn't duplicate the problem. 
Ionic Wind Support Team

barry

Maybe I was doing something wrong that I didn't realize and I stopped doing it.  Or I was doing something I didn't realize and it wasn't wrong and it'll happen again.  I guess time will tell.

Sorry about the confusion.

Barry

barry

I just found one more issue with GETSTARTPATH that may not be a new issue.  When I run the compiled program on my desktop from my laptop through my home network it doesn't seem to find the bitmaps to load but when I run the same executable from my desktop it works fine.  The bitmaps are in the same directory as the executables and I can read them manually from the laptop but the program using getstartpath doesnt find them.

Is this something that GETSTARTPATH just wasn't designed to do?  Or could it be a problem?

This isn't something I care much about, personally.  I'll almost never use it this way.  But if it's a problem I thought you might want to be aware of it.

Barry