April 23, 2024, 09:32:37 PM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

LDAP query

Started by acelli, December 01, 2006, 10:49:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

acelli

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has used or knows how to use Emergence BASIC to query Active Directory or any other LDAP data store?

I have seen numerous examples in Perl but not many other langugaes.

I see Windows provides "wldap32.dll" but again I don't know anything about it.

If anyone has any information or better yet sample code, I am interested.

Thanks,
Alan Elliott

ExMember001

are you talking about external drive, like an mp3 player?
if yes, i'm also searching an answer ;)

acelli

No I am talking about retrieving or possibly even updating data attributes on an Active Directory account.

Steven Picard

December 01, 2006, 12:14:08 PM #3 Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 12:17:46 PM by Steven Picard
I've used LDAP (through ADSI) extensively but unfortunately it was through VB which made handling ActiveX and COM much easier.  The master of COM in EBasic was\is Sapero. Perhaps he can be of assistance here? 

The other option is simply to perform your LDAP operations through VBScript.  What specifically did you need to do?

acelli

Steven,

I need to query Active Directory to find/compare information about users.  This tool does what I want...

http://www.joeware.net/win/free/tools/adfind.htm

...but I was hoping to do it inside Ebasic.

If you or anyone has used ASDI with Ebasic to query AD...examples would be appreciated.

Alternatively, I might be able to shell a VBscriot to obtain similar information. 

Examples of attributes I am seeking are;  domain, cn, givenName, sn, memberof, useraccountcontrol, etc...

I may need to write code to determine nested group membership.

Suggestions welcome.

Thanks,
Alan

Rock Ridge Farm (Larry)

I could use this as well  - looking forward to seeing your progress.