April 26, 2024, 04:03:58 AM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

EBasic component to handle configuration/initialization files...

Started by Cesar Baptista, November 30, 2006, 12:20:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cesar Baptista

Hi everyone,

Two Questions.

First, where can i find the code to handle configuration/initialization (INI) files ?
It can be in EBasic or IBasic.  ;D

I searched in GOOGLE and found this :
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IBasic component to handle configuration/initialization files ...

IBasic component to handle configuration/initialization files (.ini) ' NOTE: uses Microsoft Windows 32-bit API calls ' ' Call "GoSub nsIniInitComponent" ...
http://nomscon.com/software/files/nsINI.iba
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
but when i click the link to see the nsINI.iba file, itÂÃ,´s not there anymore.
Any of you has this file that can share ?

The other question is concerning about examples of IBasic. Where can i find them ?
And i say IBasic, because is 99,9% compatible with EBasic. But i want also more examples of EBasic, not just those how came with EBasic Setup.  ;)
Can you give the links which have examples, tutorials, forums of discussion...  ;D  ;D  ;D
I searched on GOOGLE but found very few.
The most active site that i saw is http://www.codingmonkeys.com
Please, can you share this info with a Newbie ??    ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Thanks in advance.

Note: Check this link, maybe usefull. http://www.codingmonkeys.com/index.php?topic=821.msg4879#new

CÃÆ'ƒÂÃ,©sar Baptista - PORTUGAL

GWS

Hi CÃÆ'Ã,©sar,

You will know this EBasic forum has only been available for a few days.

The original IBasic site was hacked by some lunatic, who destroyed several years work of hundreds of people.
Consequently, the IBasic libraries and examples are not now accessible.

You could have a look through the programs posted by Joske on the following URL:

http://www.codingmonkeys.com/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item119]

Otherwise, there are only the few examples which have been posted here so far, plus the fairly comprehensive set in the Help system for Emergence. :)

If you need an example on a specific subject, just say what you are interested in, and we can have a look what can be found.

all the best, :)

Graham

Tomorrow may be too late ..

LarryMc

LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Cesar Baptista

Well GWS,

I hope that everyone have learned a lesson about this hacking and will make backup's on other disks or DVD's of this forum.  ;)  ;)  ;)
DonÂÃ,´t get me wrong, i'm not saying that is somebody fault, but it's really a shame that so many years of hard work of good programming went down to the pipe
just because we all, and thatÂÃ,´s true, we all donÂÃ,´t had anticipate that something could happen.

Ok, nevermind what i'm said, i'm just a lunitic.  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Guys, i'm new here with EBasic but i will try to contribute to make this language a better one, and i will wait from you the same attitude.  :)  :)  :)

Thanks for the links.

Long Lives EBasic.  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Ionic Wind Support Team

It wasn't this forum that was hacked.  It was the old Pyxia forums they are referring to,
Ionic Wind Support Team

Jerry Muelver

I still have a large collection of IBasic and IBPro files from the Pyxia forum days. Some of us also still have the forum CDs, too. Let me see what I can package up for resuscitation.

Cesar Baptista

Paul,
I understood that was the Pixia Forum which has hacked. I'm just saying that we must be carefull to this kind of things never happen again.  ;)  ;)  ;)

Garret,
You are right, we should never throw away any piece of code because we never know when we might need it. It also happen to me before, and i learned that we should keep everything.  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

Jerry,
If you could share that collection, it would be great.   ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)

Guys,
Thanks again for the help you are providing me.  :D  :D  :D  :D