April 24, 2024, 06:16:06 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

clearing the compiler log

Started by Jerry Muelver, November 30, 2006, 03:32:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry Muelver

The error log in the compiler's report window doesn't clear by itself from one compile to another, so new errors get added into the old error list with each new compile. Shifting to another source file (in a source window tab) and compiling there will clear (or overwrite) the error report, but recompiling a file twice in a row seems not to. Am I missing a step to clear the window so I can see if my Random Variable Assignment fixed a couple of errors on the next compile?

Ionic Wind Support Team

I can't duplicate what Jerry is talking about.  Anyone else experience this?
Ionic Wind Support Team

Zen

Nope never had it. Could always try it on another system Jerry if possible. Nothing happening here though.

Lewis

Jerry Muelver

I can't seem to duplicate it, either! Though, once I had duplicate error messages listed (letter-for-letter identical" for quite a few errors. I may just have overloaded things with my brute-force approach. It's all working now, so I'm down to figuring out how to clear the key buffer to prevent premature exit on a do-loop. I'll show ya'll when my Random Variable Assignment technique fixes the problem.