April 18, 2024, 05:09:06 PM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

space invaders demo

Started by J B Wood (Zumwalt), November 20, 2006, 12:46:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven Picard

Quote from: Jonathan (zumwalt) Wood on November 29, 2006, 11:33:10 AM
I am glad you like it, hope you like it to Steven :)
:D Yes, I did like it.  Sorry for not saying so.  I think seeing a moving 3D background would be cool.  So I'll see what that's like tonight.

J B Wood (Zumwalt)

Updated the zip, this version uses the BASS object by Krypt.
I'll change it to an internal call using internal Aurora sound once its available.
I wanted the entire demo done in 100% aurora internal objects that doesn't require purchasing anything else for add-ons like sound. Since this is a freeware game, it doesn't matter.

The BASS requires purchasing for non-freeware code, so once the code is released, if you use the code as an example to build your games and use sound, you will need to buy a BASS license or wait until Aurora has built in sound support.

Oh yea, my sounds are CHEESY, so you can replace the sound files in the snd directory with what ever WAV file you want.

ExMember001

November 30, 2006, 03:14:38 PM #27 Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 03:17:46 PM by KrYpT
Just to clarify a bit,
Bass 2.3 dll is free to use if your sofware remain personnal or free.
so if someone use the example to build a free game, there's no problem ;)

http://www.un4seen.com/bass.html#license

Steven Picard

Okay, I tried it with the new background and I like it.  Two things I would like to see is not have the level reset when one dies and to have the enemies flap their arms. ;D  Besides that, it's a great job.

J B Wood (Zumwalt)

Ok, I can fix the level reset thing easily enough, the flap wings is going to be a little different, since I am not using image maps, I can generate some more images to animate the characters and loop through there images to give them animation, its just working out the animation speed that will take a little time :)

J B Wood (Zumwalt)

Ok Steven, I have tweaked it, the level does not reset when you die, (unless the aliens hit the bottom of the playing field), I haven't gotten the arms animated yet :) in the works though.

Brice Manuel

That looks really sharp!  I will be glad when the Sprite3D stuff hits EBASIC. ;D

J B Wood (Zumwalt)

What I did will become doable in EBasic when the 3D is implimented. I am going to convert the entire project to 2D and then see how that turns out. Once I get that done, it will be possible for me to convert it yet one more time into EBasic code I think.