March 28, 2024, 04:55:21 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

RMChart - needs your help

Started by Guilect, May 17, 2010, 06:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guilect

First, let me say that Larry's Custom Chart Designer is excellent and everyone should own a copy.

But, I wanted the challenge of getting the RMChart control up and running.
I have partially succeeded.

I have converted the header to IWBasic from the included VB header.
It can be assumed that some error(s) exist in this IWB header.
I hope that some others here will take a look and get it all up and running.

I have provided 2 demos.

The first demo appears to be working 95% correctly.
But for some reason the x-axis of the legend is not recognized properly.

The second demo is maybe 60% working.
The biggest issue is that a redraw of the window will cause it to crash.
I suggest that you compile this demo in Debug mode.

The attached zip contains everything IWB related.

The complete (non IWB) RMChart control package can be downloaded from here:
HERE

The IWB zip is just below:

LarryMc

May 17, 2010, 07:49:47 PM #1 Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 09:15:22 PM by Larry McCaughn
I had RMChart working before I ever finished my Chart Designer.

The guy who wrote RMChart (Rainer Morgen) disappeared a good while ago.
His web site was running until the contract expired.

His  license allows you to use it in your applications but not make a derivative designer out of it.
The other kicker was there wasn't a staic lib available.  So if you used it in an application to be distributed you would have to include the dll in your distribution.

But it does have really nice graphics.

LarryMc
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Brian

Hello,

I picked up on this post by Guilect, which was 10 years ago now. I ran the two examples he posted. I then managed to find the full program on the 'net, and went through all the examples to get them working

There are only two that I have failed on - DJ-DAX-NASDAQ.iwb and Prime Rates.iwb

You can probably find the full installation somewhere as RMCDesigner. I can't remember where I downloaded it from, and it probably isn't my place to re-post it here

Anyway, this zip file contains all the .iwb programs, plus the DLL and help file

Put the include file into your \include folder, and the lib file into your \libs folder

Please read the licence file. It does now appear to be freeware

Brian

LarryMc

See his graphics is what prompted me to write my graphics package. But I didn't want to "steal" from him so it is obvious his is a lot slicker than mine. But so be it.
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Brian

Actually, I have no real reason to use graphs, it was just the challenge of getting them working!

Brian

Brian

Hi,

I got another graph working - just one to go!

Brian