April 19, 2024, 03:26:30 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

typedef's

Started by billhsln, June 20, 2019, 05:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billhsln

I don't know about every one else, but all the programs that have a file type that is not standard (like BOOL, LONGLONG, etc) just drive me nuts.  I have compiled all the typedef's in all the .INC files into a Text file.

I left in the $TYPEDEF and #TYPEDEF's, because I am not sure whether they belong in the list or not.  If they don't, please let me know and I will remove them and upload the revised file.

The fields are File Name, Line Number, TYPEDEF.  I thought this would make it easier to find, so you will at least know what it converts to in IWB.

Bill
When all else fails, get a bigger hammer.

Brian

OK - I'm in Ignoramus Mode. What do we do with them?

Brian

billhsln

How many times have you had code from some one that uses some thing like:

BURPY fieldname

This gives you a quicker way to find what BURPY translates to in IWB (it mostly seems to either be a POINTER or a UINT).

Kind of like using descriptions instead of the numbers in settings for Windows fields.  I prefer the descriptions because the numbers don't mean any thing to me.  This way you will know that BURPY is actually a UINT.

Just part of my weird OCD.

Bill
When all else fails, get a bigger hammer.