March 28, 2024, 07:56:45 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Reinstallation

Started by RG, August 29, 2018, 12:53:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RG

It's been about a year since I used IWbasic 3 on my travel laptop. Somehow during that time the IWBdev.exe file disappeared so I did a reinstallation. It shows the program is registered but acts as if it is not (almost all the menu items are grayed out, the only Build option is Build Single and when selected, it says a folder does not exist and ends up with a build failure). I did not uninstall the previous version. I thought of trying to uninstall everything but wondered if there was something obvious I was missing in terms of getting it to show the run and compile options or is there a way to reenter the license key.

Rich

LarryMc

If it is version 3.x just uninstall and reinstall. or you can just install it in a different folder
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

RG

Thanks Larry, that helped. Another question: it seems like I can only do a build if the .iwb file is in the bin folder where IWBDev.exe is located versus being in another folder. When in another folder, I get the folder can't be found message. Is there some setting I'm overlooking?

LarryMc

There's no setting.
Tell me the exact steps you took in moving your iwb file and trying to compile it.
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

RG

I got it to work. The problem was with opening already existing files, so I deleted the existing accessory files (.a, ,ixb, .o, .opts) and now they build and compile without a build failure.