March 28, 2024, 04:58:34 AM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

New Utility

Started by LarryMc, October 06, 2014, 09:25:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

Larry,

Here's my open database sub for a program that is being used daily by a local school.
There will be some commands of interest in there for you

Brian

billhsln

You might want to add PRIMARY KEY to your DB Create program.

Since there is a PRIMARY KEY field, which can easily be placed on a single field, there is also the more complex multiple field PRIMARY KEY, which can be done:

iStmt="CREATE INDEX [Primary Key] ON recips (account,recip) WITH PRIMARY"

The account and recip fields are INTEGER, but I need both to make the table unique.

I know tables can be created with out a PRIMARY KEY, but there are times when you want the table to be unique.  The fields created using COUNTER(1,1) are often used as a key.

Just a thought to add to your DB Create program.

Bill
When all else fails, get a bigger hammer.

LarryMc

I noticed the INDEX creation in what Brian posted and knew I needed to address that.
Just don't know exactly HOW I'm going to handle it yet.

Thanks for posting the reminder so it is easy to see.
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

LarryMc

I've gotten involved in several projects around the house for my wife (which take priority over everything else) and it appears it is going to be quite some time before I'm going to be able to get back to this project.

Is there anyone out there who is interested in taking my source code to-date and taking over this project?
LarryMc
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

billhsln

I am not sure I am qualified to take over,  but would like to collaborate with you.  I could set up a Dropbox directory that both of us could have full access to, so you could see what I am doing and maybe point me in a better direction, if needed.

Bill
When all else fails, get a bigger hammer.

LarryMc

Quote from: billhsln on July 06, 2018, 09:47:14 PM
I am not sure I am qualified to take over,  but would like to collaborate with you.  I could set up a Dropbox directory that both of us could have full access to, so you could see what I am doing and maybe point me in a better direction, if needed.

Bill
Set it up Bill and we'll see where it leads us.
LarryMc