March 28, 2024, 07:06:09 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

IWGrid Application

Started by Bruce Peaslee, November 21, 2015, 03:39:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce Peaslee

November 21, 2015, 03:39:04 PM Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 08:43:07 AM by peaslee
I am well into my IWGrid application, so it's time to post something of my results.

This application is far from finished: there are buttons and menu items that have yet to be implemented, meeting information needs to be added, I want starting video, and there is no Save feature. It does, however, print the Minutes that are so far created.

Once I got used to it, the grid part was relative easy. The Rich Edit controls are a huge pain.

Anyway, I hope you like it.

Edit: bug fixed.
Bruce Peaslee
"Born too loose."
iTired (There's a nap for that.)
Well, I headed for Las Vegas
Only made it out to Needles

LarryMc

Nice looking app Bruce and neat concept.
I would have never dreamed of that as an application for my grid.

What feature do I need to consider adding to IWGrid to aid the development of your app(other than the double click on a row)?
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Bruce Peaslee

I saw it right away as a replacement for the list view which is hard to use for anything interesting.

At this point the double click is the only enhancement that makes any sense for this app. In general, if it could intercept other messages, right-clicks, mouse wheel, etc, and let the code deal with it, that would be useful.

Thanks for taking  a look.

Bruce Peaslee
"Born too loose."

Brian

Bruce,

I couldn't download it last night - my anti-virus (Avast) stopped it

And this morning, it's saying Web Page not available

Brian

Andy

Brian,

I use Avast which I still think is the best one (just my opinion) anyway, I have had issues with avast and IWB.

I know (obviously) it's not IWB - it's avast.

Sometimes I can be writting the simplest of programs - say just to see the result of something before I add it into a main program, compile - and avast says the .exe is a virus (which it's not).

Also, LarryMc's custom button designer also suffers from this from time to time as do some of my programs.

I will try to download the grid and let you know.

Andy.

Day after day, day after day, we struck nor breath nor motion, as idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean.

Andy

Brian,

The download is working okay now.

Andy.
Day after day, day after day, we struck nor breath nor motion, as idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean.

Brian

Still getting the "This web page is not available" message

I'll have a look at my Avast settings and see if it hasn't blocked it permanently

Brian

billhsln

Many antivirus programs that say IWB problems are virus's can be corrected/fixed by making the program a Project and adding in a resource file with:

1 VERSIONINFO
FILEVERSION 1,4,0,0
PRODUCTVERSION 1,4,0,0
FILEFLAGSMASK    0x00000000L
FILEFLAGS        0x00000000L
FILEOS          0x00000000L
FILETYPE        0x00000000L
FILESUBTYPE    0x00000000L
BEGIN
BLOCK "StringFileInfo"
BEGIN
BLOCK "040904E4"
BEGIN
VALUE  "CompanyName", "Bill & Associates"
VALUE  "Contact e-mail",  "email@mail.com"
VALUE  "FileDescription", "Database.Exe"
VALUE  "FileVersion", "1.40"
VALUE  "Development Language", "IWBASIC"
VALUE  "LegalCopyright", "Copyright© 2015"
END
END
BLOCK "VarFileInfo"
BEGIN
VALUE "Translation", 0x0409, 1252
END
END

That seems to fix the false positives for you program being a virus.  I use NOD32 Antivirus, which does not have problems with my programs, but the program I wrote for a friend of mine did, until I added the Resource (RC file), which solved the problem on her computer.

Bill
When all else fails, get a bigger hammer.

Bruce Peaslee

When the item dialog closes, the text for the IWG headings disappears.
Bruce Peaslee
"Born too loose."

LarryMc

I've run your app and seen it disappear.
Now I'll try to see if it is my code or how you are using it.
At the same time I'll look into sending double-click messages back to user.
I'll do that now.
(It would save me an awful lot of time if I had your code to use to trouble shoot instead of having to take the time to create a quasi duplicate of your code for testing)

LarryMc
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Bruce Peaslee

Bruce Peaslee
"Born too loose."

LarryMc

The disappearing column header entries when closing a dialog is not IWGrid's doing.
You're doing it to yourself.

When you exit a dialog you click the Record button
The last thing the AgendaItem_record  sub does is call the repopulateIWG sub

that sub calls IWG_DeleteAllCells which deletes ALL cells including row 0
then you call your PopulateIWG which  specifically skips row 0
walla - no column titles

So, while you fix your program I'll take a look at the double click possibility.
LarryMc

Bruce Peaslee

November 22, 2015, 09:51:51 PM #12 Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 08:45:20 AM by peaslee
In the back of my mind I knew that line zero was the headers, but that it where it stayed. I have fixed the problem.

I should have looked harder before bringing it up. I always assume first that I could not have made a mistake, it must be a bug   ::)

Edit: download above fixed.
Bruce Peaslee
"Born too loose."