March 28, 2024, 09:50:55 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

IWGrid resizing

Started by ckoehn, February 24, 2015, 09:52:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ckoehn

LarryMc,

I made a grid with 255 rows, 7 columns.   When I resize it height wise, it doesn't show all the rows or fill the resized grid.  I used the SETSIZE command to set the new grid size.  Column resizing worked fine.

Later,
Clint

LarryMc

LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

LarryMc

Clint
To save me some time could you provide me with a test program that shows me the exact problem?

thanks
LarryMc
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

ckoehn

February 24, 2015, 01:24:01 PM #3 Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 01:28:58 PM by ckoehn
Sure can..

Later,
Clint

LarryMc

It's not going to be a simple fix so it's going to take me a while to fix it but I'll "git-er-done".
LarryMc

Brian

Larry,

I can send Clint my Fulfilment Grid program (which does resize properly). Might save you a bit
of time beating your brains out!

Clint, look at your Private Messages

Brian

ckoehn

LarryMc - Thanks. I would appreciate it if you could fix it.

Brain - Sent you an email.

Later,
Clint

LarryMc

Found the problem.!!!!
I was setting an internal variable for the grid height and width when the grid is initially created.
I use those two values in calculating where I'm at when drawing every thing on the screen.

Problem was I never accounted for the possibility of increasing the size of the grid once it was created.
Decreasing the size sort of took care of itself.

Reason I thought it was going to be hard to find is because that portion of the code is rather complicated to say the least and my brain is slowing down.  To be honest I sort of stumbled onto the problem area while I was jumping around in the code looking at various things and refamiliarizing myself with the code.

I deserved a little break anyway. 

Got to take my wife to Dr in a bit. 
Also need to do a little checking to make sure this fix doesn't break something else.
I'll try to issue a new release in the next 12-24 hours.

LarryMc