March 28, 2024, 07:44:38 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Activation key

Started by Columbo, September 01, 2014, 02:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Columbo

Purchased Creative Basic last Friday but have not yet received the activation key. I aslo waited 3 or 4 days to get IWBasic when I purchased it. Would it not provide quicker customer service to set up an instant download system where, once Paypal confirms that the money has indeed been received, it sends an email providing the activation key and a link to download the product?  Just a bit of constructive criticism.  :)

Cheers

Rock Ridge Farm (Larry)

Sorry - been on vacation. I will send it all to you by tomorrow.

Larry

Rock Ridge Farm (Larry)

Actually I see the email wend out on 8/11- can you verify if you have everything?

Larry

Columbo

September 02, 2014, 08:49:13 AM #3 Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 08:55:14 AM by Columbo
Sorry Larry, I never received any emails.  I am using Mailwasher Pro and it shows me everything that is on my mail server and lets me decide which emails I want to receive and which I want to go to spam before downloading anything to my email client.  I would have noticed it since I was waiting for it.

You said that it went out on 8/11 but I didn't purchase Creative Basic until 8/29.  The 8/11 must have been my purchase of IWBasic. 

Could you email me the info for Creative Basic?

I have been checking my account on your site every day to see if it was in the list of products that I have purchased but it isn't there.

Thanks.

Columbo

So it is now 5 days since my purchase of Creative Basic and I still do not have the product activation key.
If you are not going to send it to me would you please refund the purchase price to my Paypal account?

I don't know how you get any customers when you make them wait a week or more to get their purchased product.  I will wait another day or two but if I do not receive the product activation key, or a refund of my purchase price, I will file for a refund through Paypal.

GWS

HI folks,

In case anyone else purchases Creative using the Paypal procedure (and why not, it's dead cheap ;D),
you have to watch out for one of the last pages to appear on your screen.

You probably won't be expecting it, and might easily miss the fact that the 'User name' and "activation number" appear on the screen almost immediately - together with the download link.

The user name is Licensed User, followed by the activation code in the format xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

If you spot it, and copy and paste it into Wordpad or something, and save it somewhere - when you install the program and it asks for these details, you can copy them into the appropriate spaces. :)

Unfortunately, if you don't spot them, and the Paypal procedure terminates successfully, the information has gone past - and then as far as I can see, the only way to get to it is via Larry S.

So it's instantaneous if you pick up the details as part of the Paypal transaction, but it can take a while if you need to contact Larry S.  ::)

Hope this helps - too late for Columbo I'm afraid ..

All the best, :)

Graham
Tomorrow may be too late ..

Columbo

September 04, 2014, 03:41:28 PM #6 Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 03:43:52 PM by Columbo
Actually it is not too late Graham.  I had copied that number down but I did not know that the user name was "Licensed User".  I thought that the user name would be my name or perhaps my email address or something like that.  I had put my name in as user along with that key but it said "Invalid". Then I tried my email address with that key and got the same "Invalid" result. I think that I mentioned in one of my posts that I had tried that key but it wouldn't work.  So, now I tried it as you suggested using "Licensed User" along with that number and it accepted it.

Still, customers should be alerted to that fact when purchasing.  Also, I think that Larry Sikes should have mentioned that several days ago when I first complained about the activation key, rather than just ignoring the issue. It would have saved a lot of discontent.

Thanks, Graham, you came through again!   ;D

GWS

Oh good ! ..I'm pleased about that .. ;D

Hope you have fun with this great little language.

Best wishes, :)

Graham
Tomorrow may be too late ..

Rock Ridge Farm (Larry)

It tells you that on the page you downloaded from.
I will bold it to help others - thanks for pointing it out.

Larry