March 29, 2024, 09:57:19 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Running CB on Windows 7 64 bit

Started by Hobo, October 12, 2010, 04:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobo

Couple of problems:

1. Running free version of CB under Windows 7 64 bit asking me a serial number. XP version did not do that. So, I typed the free Serial number, C1E2-49A4-BF30-0D63-8960-C9BE-FC95-8275, but did not worked. Perhaps need to type user name in as well, but I do not have that.

2. All my program under Windows 7 64 bit do not work. I got an error massage d3drm.dll missing. I figured it is a DirectX file and I downloaded the newest DirectX file from Microsoft, but the that did not helped.

So, any suggestion to my problem?

Thanks

Hobo

LarryMc

October 12, 2010, 04:52:00 PM #1 Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 04:56:52 PM by Larry McCaughn
If you have the free version you have to enter the name and the number as shown on the download page:

Community Edition
C1E2-49A4-BF30-0D63-8960-C9BE-FC95-8275

As for your programs not running; are you running them in xp compatiblity mode?

Revised:
As best I can tell d3drm.dll was not shipped with Vista or Win 7 but I'm not absolutely sure.

LarryMc
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Hobo

Thanks Larryââ,¬Â¦I missed the Community Edition as user name - silly of me.  :-)

As you thought right I am running Windows 7 in xp compatibility mode. The most bazar thing is, carry over my CB programs (exe) from XP as I said did not worked on Windows 7 (none of them, same issues). However opening up my original (cba) programs in my newly installed CB in Windows 7 then make them into EXE again, now they are working fine. What was changed, either the reinstallation of DirecX or activation of CB, I have no explanation, but whatever happened it is working now. 

Thanks again. :-)

Hobo