March 28, 2024, 12:01:40 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

3D Engine Wrapper

Started by Jyscal, May 07, 2010, 09:51:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jyscal

Greetings to all! Its great to be a part of the forum. I was wondering if anyone could possibly tell me if i could write a wrapper for a 3D engine in Creative? And if so could you please give me an idea on which  api or library i would need. The particular one i have in mind is blender but as far as i know that only works with python. Thanks for any help you could give.
Live your own way

LarryMc

May 07, 2010, 10:37:08 AM #1 Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 10:39:01 AM by Larry McCaughn
You say you want to write a wrapper (in CBasic) for a 3D library and want to know what API or library you should use.
???
To write a wrapper for a library you need the library you are writing the library for.

CBasic already has a set of 3D commands.

Maybe I'm just not understanding your question?

LarryMc
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Jyscal

Hey there. Sorry if i confused you. The reason im mainly asking is i would like to start learning 3D design slowly and heard Blender was an excellent tool for 3D modelling but was unaware  i could use CBASIC! Awesome! I have read up a little on the direct3D but still need to study it a bit further. If its not to much to ask could you recommend where i should start learning about libraries? Thanks for the help
Live your own way

LarryMc

Larry's latest EBook, EBasic's Basics has a section on Dynamic Linked libraries.

EBasic is capable of creating both static libraries and dynamic linked libraries.

Libraries are nothng more than a collection of subroutines that you call from your program.

LarryMc
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Jyscal

Thanks for that! Ill definately look into it once im able to get a copy of EBasic which will hopefully be soon. Up until then ill keep practicing with CBasic which im already loving!
Live your own way