March 28, 2024, 09:48:05 AM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

My Future

Started by GWS, February 25, 2010, 03:04:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GWS

Hi folks,

I thought I'd post this here - on the forum section, for the programming language, that's given me most enjoyment for many years.

I'm in my 73rd year, and my inspiration is just sputtering along  - sometimes insight shines - but increasingly not so often.

I find now, when I press the brain accelerator and ask for extra effort, not a lot happens.  An afternoon snooze while listening to some smooth jazz, is an alluring alternative ..  ::)

So I thought maybe it's time I stepped back, and left the good fight to you youngsters.  ;D

I'll hover around like a spook, popping up occasionally, especially if I cook up something interesting.
I've got another section of the User Guide almost done - I'll post it when it's finished.

If anyone wants to e-mail me about anything, I'll always be pleased to hear from you.

So I'll wish all my Internet friends all the best - and press on with the many things I've yet to do, as the years fly ever more swiftly by.

Be good, :)

Graham

Tomorrow may be too late ..

Steven Picard

Sad words, Graham.  I hope we can still see you pop around from time-to-time.

mrainey

Drop in every now and then.
Software For Metalworking
http://closetolerancesoftware.com

ZeroDog

I look forward to you visits and anything you cook up  :)

tbohon

Graham, you've been an invaluable resource here with tremendous insight into issues facing the rest of us.  I fully understand your need to step back - I'm not that far behind you in terms of age - but I really hope that you'll drop in occasionally just to say 'hi!'.

Thanks for everything and enjoy those naps (I'm jealous!!! :P )

Best,

Tom
"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself ... the dreams will come to you."  -- Randy Pausch, PhD (1961-2008)

GWS

Thanks for the comments guys ..  :)

'course - I might not be able to stay away too long ..  ;D ;D

best wishes, :)

Graham
Tomorrow may be too late ..