March 28, 2024, 05:34:00 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

lost my 3d samples...

Started by ZeroDog, October 13, 2009, 03:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZeroDog

I lost my 3d samples for the EBasic 3d pak.... anyone know where I can find them again?  I've looked on the forums, looked in the downloads... and I've tried re-installing EBasic, but I just cant seem to find them... any ideas where they would be? 

psevet

Are you talking of these ones :

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Emergence BASIC\projects\3D samples ?

Or are they specific ?

Pierre

ZeroDog

Those are the ones, and they are exactly where they should be....  ::)

Was looking in the EBDev folder... all the projects seem to be in my EBDev folder still except for the 3D samples... possibly from an older installation.  Thanks for the help.

GWS

"Those are the ones, and they are exactly where they should be....  "

Well, I don't suppose you'll be surprised if I don't agree ..  :P

I think application specific files should be stored together with that application - not strewn around assorted system folders.

I know, I know .. it's probably to fit in with yet another daft Microsoft OS edict ..  ::)

Ever the rebel ..

Graham

Tomorrow may be too late ..

LarryMc

Quote from: GWS on October 14, 2009, 01:12:41 AM
I know, I know .. it's probably to fit in with yet another daft Microsoft OS edict ..  ::)

VISTA >:(

Larry
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Ionic Wind Support Team

I hate to be the buzz kill  ;D And I am no Microsoft lover either.

When Windows 95 came out Microsoft warned all of us that you shouldn't store a programs data in the Program Files directory, and instead you should be using the user specific "My Documents" directory.  The majority of us ignored them.

Then came the viruses. With Vista they attempted to mitigate the problem by using the virtual store, so your badly behaving programs would still function while at the same time protecting other users data.

They also warned us not to run our computers as administrator, and again we ignored them.  To try an alleviate the problem they implemented UAC so a virus couldn't irreparably damage the system and instead be sandboxed in a users account.

So we have no one to blame but ourselves.

Paul.
Ionic Wind Support Team

psevet

In addition, and if I'm not wrong, Microsoft advised programmers to store their Dlls in the program directory and not in the windows\system directory.

A way for Microsoft not to be blamed if an application freezed a PC ...

Reagrds,

Pierre