April 20, 2024, 03:37:51 AM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Syntax editor and General Questions about Aurora

Started by definitelyokay, October 02, 2009, 10:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

definitelyokay

I am now the proud of owner of Aurora - purchased it yesterday. ;D

I'm probably a little too picky, but I like to be able to customize all my syntax colors. ::)

Is there a way to change the operator color? I can change everything but that, and it's kind of frustrating - because I have this cool dark theme but the operators don't show up too well.

Other than that, I'm still feeling my way around Aurora - It will probably take me a few weeks before I can start to do what I'm doing with EBasic though.

By the way, is Aurora just the C flavor of Emergence? Does it have a brighter future (Like C# seemed to over VB), or is it really just the same? Is it almost the same compiler, can it do more, or less (in relative terms to EBasic)?

Whatever the case may be, I'm sure I'll be pleased just as much with Aurora as EBasic (and I'm exceedingly pleased with EBasic). Although it may take much longer for me to master either of them.

Edit: Attached is my dark themed IDE with the sick-yellow operators.

definitelyokay

Did I perhaps ask unanswerable questions in this thread? ???

Or maybe I'm missing the obvious...but I really thought there were answers to those questions?

LarryMc

October 07, 2009, 07:54:47 PM #2 Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 02:20:17 PM by Larry McCaughn
For anything to be changed that Paul hasn't already provided the interface to change would require Paul to edit the IDE source and create a new Aurora exe.

Originally EBasic didn't have OOP capability; classes, etc.
So that was the advantage of Aurora over EB.
Plus, Aurora existed before EB.

I think you can program just about anything you want to with either one.
So I would think it boils down to which syntax you're the most comfortable with.

Because of my past experience I prefer EB.

Larry
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

definitelyokay

Many thanks, Larry. That makes a lot of sense.

Have a great day!

:)