March 28, 2024, 08:52:59 AM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Different IDE

Started by TexasPete, August 23, 2009, 05:20:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasPete

Is there a different IDE available that uses the "inlcude file command for CB. I would find that a little more comfortable than using it current method for including files.
I am just use to using the "include file" method.

Thanks Texas Pete

LarryMc

There sure is.

It's called Emergence Basic ;)

Larry
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

GWS

Alternatively, try reading the section on 'Components' in the User Guide.

Graham :)
Tomorrow may be too late ..

TexasPete

Graham ,  I have read the components section several times. I was simply trying to use something I was more familiar with.

Thanks
Texas Pete

Duffer

Another IDE can't provide that support, as the parser/compiler do not recognize the "include" statement.

ZeroDog

I usually just add a comment to the top of my source code to remind me which component is needed by the program.

TexasPete

I have seen several ide editors for Lb that put the command in the after the "remark" statement that way the parser would not have to read it.

Texas pete

Ionic Wind Support Team

Pete,
Sorry there are no external IDE's for Creative, and there never will be, because of the way it is designed.  Components are Creative's include files.

If you want to use a traditional compiler, which can use external editors, try Emergence or Aurora.

Regards,
Paul Turley.
Ionic Wind Support Team

aurelCB

I think that Zero Man have good knowlege about components and if have time...
would be nice for him and for all of as which use Cretive Basic for programing that
explain how properly work with components.
I mean that i dont want to much...

Aurel...

Duffer

Quote from: TexasPete on August 24, 2009, 09:36:50 AM
I have seen several ide editors for Lb that put the command in the after the "remark" statement that way the parser would not have to read it.

Texas pete

You may not have noticed but this isn't LB.  CB is actually a real programming language that can be used in the real world. 

CB's "compiler" can't be accessed via the commandline.  Hence, no third-party IDEs. 

aurelCB

Hmm there is no other IDE for CB but i lost one program somwhere (like usual ::))
I dont know who is author, program is written in Ibstd which add some things in editor...
I think that Graham know about which program I talking about?

ZeroDog

August 24, 2009, 03:41:20 PM #11 Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 03:45:07 PM by ZeroDog
A component is basically a subroutine or function (or a collection of them) that is in a separate file.  Rather than re-typing or copying and pasting the same code each time you want to use the same function in a new project, you just make a component out of them, and add the component to your project.  I was confused about components when I first started playing with IBasic (this is when it was still IBasic, and not IBasic Standard) until I realized that it was nothing more than a subroutine in another file. 

Try it.  Take a subroutine out of one of your projects,  cut it from the project, and paste it into a new file.  Then create a component out of that file, and add that component to your original project. It should work exactly the same as it did before, except now, whenever you want to add that particular subroutine to another project, you just have to add it as a component.

Duffer

Like ZD said, once you get the hang of components, you will like them.  I don't use CB, but I used components all of the time with IB.  Components are actually a feature I really miss.

GWS

Sorry Aurel .. I'm scratching my head wondering what you might have seen ..  :)

I have got some notes about Components somewhere - if I can find them, I'll knock up a little User Guide section ..

best wishes, :)

Graham
Tomorrow may be too late ..

TexasPete

Thanks Everyone,
I am just used to being able to insert an include file where ever I want!
Texas Pete

aurelCB

Graham as i say I dont know who is author?
Program add two or more comboboxes in current editor in IBstd.
Also program made some registy entries which enable this new 'wiget' in IDE.
So how program have name i really dont know...
However another IDE dont exist as far as I know....

TexasPete

Thanks everyone. The discussion has been interesting. I am learning alot quickly. Thank's everyone.

Texas Pete