March 28, 2024, 03:33:43 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Control Panel Applet

Started by Zen, January 29, 2006, 10:46:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zen

Here is some source code to make a control panel applet for your application (or anything really). It must be compiled as a DLL and renamed to the extension .cpl and placed into you system32 directory. All resources i used to make it, including the compiled file are in the archive also.

Hope this can prove usefull to someone. Maybe it could be used for people who are making service programs with no interface and they need a GUI interface to configure the servce :D

Note: The default icon resource location is C:\\Driver.ico

Lewis

Zen

Also i forgot to mention, i think this will need to be in a project called CPanel in order for the resources to be compile with the DLL file. If they dont compile then it will not appear in the control panel itself.

Lewis

Parker

I'll be making a service class before the 1.0 release of CCL. It is more "professional" to have a control panel configuration in my opinion.

And the resources don't depend on projects, you have to just add resources (I think, I may be wrong). The projects are kind of finnicky right now.

Zen

When i click on add resource and im not in a project it doesnt do anything though.

Lewis

Parker

Yeah, resources only work with projects. Otherwise a default resource file is linked (I believe it's called $$$default.res).

Zen

Yeh but thats what i mean. You have to have the resources in the control panel applet or it wont work. So you have to build it in a project.

You need 2 string resources (title and description) and an icon resource.

Lewis