March 28, 2024, 02:55:27 AM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Emergence Linux Update 0.5

Started by Ionic Wind Support Team, August 07, 2008, 02:11:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ionic Wind Support Team

August 07, 2008, 02:11:40 AM Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 09:38:00 AM by Larry McCaughn
Greetings Emergence Linux users.

The Emergence BASIC Linux version has been updated, download from here:

http://www.ionicwind.com/downloads/eb_linux.zip

Instructions here:

http://www.ionicwind.com/forums/index.php/topic,1689.0.html

I figured it was time to give it a version number, which will allow us to differentiate between updates.  The version number can be found in the about box of ebtinyide

Whats new
---------------
- list box, combo box, static, scrollbar, and radio button controls working now.
- support functions addstring, getstring, getstringcount, deletestring, insertstring, isselected, etc now working.
- ebtinyide no longer leaves zombie processes.
- It is no longer necessary to declare gtk_init and the argc/argv variables. It is done automatically based on the compile target in ebtinyide
 which of course allows you to attempt a straight compile without changes from the Windows version.
- @IDCHAR returns more reasonable values in @CODE, common keys match their windows equivelents
- Messagebox now shows a title
- Many bug fixes including the one Krypt found
- many more example programs added
- Plus whatever else I fixed along the way.

Ionic Wind Support Team

Ionic Wind Support Team

I think GWS will get a kick out of the attached image,  only required one change to make it run in Linux.

Ionic Wind Support Team

pistol350

That's great!
Linux is being totally conquered step by step!
8)
Regards,

Peter B.

ExMember001

August 07, 2008, 06:55:10 AM #3 Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 09:38:20 AM by Larry McCaughn
thanks.
Lots of stuff to play with this weekend :)

Doc

August 07, 2008, 08:03:35 AM #4 Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 09:38:41 AM by Larry McCaughn
You are totally gonna force me to dive back in eyebrow deep if you keep this up!
...maybe this evening or by the weekend I'm guessing.  ;D

-Doc

Kepu

August 25, 2009, 09:26:08 PM #5 Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 09:36:51 PM by Kepu
Hi!
Thanks  Paul.!

Just found out, Printer commands  in Linux  ....or.. ... I mean   PRINTWINDOW myw..     not implemented yet?    :(
That is the First in my wish list.
I don't want to cause any tress,  I know you have been really busy  (and creative!)

:)

aurelCB

I'm little bit interesting where is the demo version of Emergence Basic for linux for download?

Ionic Wind Support Team

Link to the Linux version now in the first post of this thread.  Available to all.
Ionic Wind Support Team

aurelCB

January 04, 2010, 07:10:41 AM #8 Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 09:39:08 AM by Larry McCaughn
Thank's :)