April 19, 2024, 05:31:19 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Blitz3D SDK v1.02 code for EBasic

Started by J B Wood (Zumwalt), January 04, 2008, 04:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J B Wood (Zumwalt)

This one is a lot more watered down than the Aurora one, its mainly here so you can have the include file.

Ionic Wind Support Team

Jonathan,
You have the .inc as part of the project (listed in the "file view"), which is incorrect.  Since you're including it in the .eba file. 

Not that it hurts anything, just creating extra work for the linker and you have the possibility of duplicate definitions if you have any code in the included file.

Paul.

P.S.... this is the output, with $main in the correct file on my machine.

Compiling...
B3DSDK_EBasic.inc
B3DSDK_EBasic.eba

Linking...
Emergence Linker v1.11 Copyright ÂÃ,© 2006 Ionic Wind Software
Generating B3DSDK_EBasic.exe
Build completed

This is how it should look when you remove the .inc from the project:

Compiling...
B3DSDK_EBasic.eba

Linking...
Emergence Linker v1.11 Copyright ÂÃ,© 2006 Ionic Wind Software
Generating B3DSDK_EBasic.exe
Build completed
Ionic Wind Support Team

J B Wood (Zumwalt)

Thanks, was probably my problem all along.
Folks, just remove the inc as an included project file and everything should work just fine.
The project was mainly for my benefit really :) Helps me keep track of files used.
Thanks Paul for the heads up on that.
-Jonathan

Swos2008

That is interesting. So if I have the BLITZ SDK then where do I put it and it all the commands is same as blitzbasic?

I just confused that all.

cheers

pistol350

Also,
i advise you to search the entire forum for "blitz" keyword for instance as you will surely find very interesting stuff,
as i remember other members posting about this topic.
Regards,

Peter B.

J B Wood (Zumwalt)

Sorry I have been absent folks, life and all.
I'll post up some more docs later on this if you want.
Maybe a step by step setup instruction since its rather short on how to do it.
Which reminds me, I need to check for any Blitz updates on this thing.
-Jonathan

Barney

There were some changes since the 1.02 version of the SDK, but there's still quite a few bugs in it and some things I've been asking them for since the day one are still not done. For example, SDK still does not know how to load run-lengts encoded BMP files. Easy to get around that limitation but I'd expect the SDK to be able to do it.

Perhaps Mark's newly announced Max3 SDK will give us more pleasure. In the mean time I've completely moved to EBasic's own 3D system, which IMHO is quite impressive. Usual Paul's hi-quality stuff.

Barney

J B Wood (Zumwalt)

EBasic has a strong built in command set. I've just not had the time to ammend some things to it like I want to. 4'th of July weekend was a bust for me, I got nothing done that I wanted to. Not totally unexpected of course. Holliday and all. So back on the programming band wagon tonight provided my machine behaves!