March 28, 2024, 12:54:49 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

IDE Zooming

Started by Zen, January 22, 2006, 08:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zen

A little trick to zoom in and out in the IDE's editor control...

Hold down the control key and use the mouse wheel to control zoom level.

Lewis

Parker

I've seen that before, it's kind of funny if you get it so small you can see 150 lines in one page. There are also a few strange scintilla keyboard shortcuts that will move around a block of code to random places, I've had it happen before.

Zen

I managed to zoom out to 232 lines per screen. I have also noticed that sometimes when i accidently press some key combinations i get little symbols apearing. Not like ascii characters but like a little oval shape with 3 letters in. Obviously this is part of scintilla.

Lewis

Bruce Peaslee

I would assume these features of the editor will be included in the documentation  ;)
Bruce Peaslee
"Born too loose."
iTired (There's a nap for that.)
Well, I headed for Las Vegas
Only made it out to Needles

Zen

Well i use scintilla in an IDE that i made. There are so many features. I can only assume they are built in control features, not that something Paul has added himself.

Lewis

Rock Ridge Farm (Larry)

I find the zooming very useful - old eyes.

Parker

You can also change the font if you need it bigger, File -> Editor Options.

And all scintilla's default features are supported, see http://www.scintilla.org/ for more details. There are too many to be included in the documentation.

Rock Ridge Farm (Larry)

I usually use it to tell the difference between ) and } - they look so much alike in the editor.

Bruce Peaslee

Quote from: Parker on January 23, 2006, 05:38:23 PM
You can also change the font if you need it bigger, File -> Editor Options.

And all scintilla's default features are supported, see http://www.scintilla.org/ for more details. There are too many to be included in the documentation.

Thanks - will check it out.
Bruce Peaslee
"Born too loose."
iTired (There's a nap for that.)
Well, I headed for Las Vegas
Only made it out to Needles