April 18, 2024, 10:38:19 AM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

When comes the final edition of Aurora?

Started by Techno, August 07, 2007, 03:23:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

Paul

When is finished the final version of Aurora because I like Aurora because it 100% C/C++ lang.
What about control packs for Aurora (Core packs......, new functions, classes)?

Wishes:

1. Can I used overloading functions, methodes, if not can you please add this?
2. How can I overriding methods in classes in Aurora?
3. How can I create derive classes?
4. Can I use written abstract classes and methods, if not can you please add this
5. What do you think of array of classes, its very usefull for create factory methods

Can you all this features added in both compilers (EBASIC en Aurora?

Thanks

I written after the reexamens my first program in Aurora en study the classes, I have experience in Java classes

Paul Squires

Paul Squires
http://www.planetsquires.com
FireFly Visual Designer, SQLitening Database System, JellyFish Pro Editor

Techno

gjaking

as soonit will be released  I will buy it
great great tool

Brice Manuel

Quote from: gjaking on August 08, 2007, 08:53:28 AM
as soonit will be released  I will buy it
great great tool
Paul has stated that he considers Aurora complete and ready for official 1.0 release except for tweaking the documentation. 

I suggest buying Aurora now.

As all programmers know, messing with documentation is the worst part as it is such a mind-numbingly boring task.  Paul has a lot on his plate right now and something as inconsequential as tweaking documentation might take him a while.

IMHO, the documentation for Aurora is very good and nothing crucial is missing from it.  By waiting to purchase Aurora, you are only hurting yourself as it is a rock-solid product ;)

gjaking

@Brice Manuel

thanks
i am not expert in c++ language and fot that i wait for documentation !

Techno

I have buy Aurora and waiting for the final version that comes en an good help file

J B Wood (Zumwalt)

Once you get the basics out of the way in Aurora, the rest is pretty much covered.
I feel like crap that I can't help with the documention myself, but right now in my life, I am in a transition.
I leave my current job in 4 weeks for a new job in another state.
I know for a fact Paul has to be sour at me for not helping with the docs because he is just one man doing it all.
Honestly the docs in there current state and the compiler in its current state are easily v1.0 material.

I can think of a dozen other products out there already released as v1.0 that have half the information that Paul has included in his docs.

Brice Manuel

QuoteHonestly the docs in there current state and the compiler in its current state are easily v1.0 material.

I can think of a dozen other products out there already released as v1.0 that have half the information that Paul has included in his docs.
I agree.  I don't know what Paul plans to change as everything is covered very well, including an extensive OOP tutorial. 

If you can't grasp Aurora from the existing docs, there is likely nothing Paul could change that would help.  If you are in this situation, I would suggest getting the Complete Idiots Guide to C++ or C as they are usually better than the "dummy" series.  Those should bring you up to speed if you are new to the concepts in C/C++.

QuoteI leave my current job in 4 weeks for a new job in another state.
I am trying to do that myself.  Been shopping the resume around to some companies in Texas, but so far am not finding one with a decent relocation package.  All I know is I have to move, too expensive to keep living here in Maryland and I detest Maryland in general.