March 29, 2024, 03:12:12 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Converting old Ibasic stuff

Started by Rock Ridge Farm (Larry), April 23, 2007, 10:30:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rock Ridge Farm (Larry)

I have seen post where people converted old Ibasic stuff to Ebasic.
What types of things need to be done to convert an Ibasic program to Ebasic?

LarryMc

Very little other than cahnge the file extension from .iba to .eba.

Change the file extension and compile it just like in IBasic and you've got a 99+% chance it willlrun without doing anything; provided you have the correct "add-on" libs and includes - if you used any.

Larry
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

GWS

Depends on how 'old' you're talking ..  :)

If the files are original IB Standard programs, there's a bit more to do - not difficult though.

The'Window' instruction becomes 'OpenWindow'

Subroutines need an 'EndSub' statement.

The format of all Controls definition statements were changed, but it's not hard to go through and change them.

The 'instr' statement parameters were switched around a bit - pretty easy if you look it up in Help.

all the best, :)

Graham
Tomorrow may be too late ..

LarryMc

I didn't even think of the STD to Pro diff because all I ever had was Pro.
Larry
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

pistol350

Quote from: GWS on April 23, 2007, 11:12:47 AM
Depends on how 'old' you're talking ..  :)

If the files are original IB Standard programs, there's a bit more to do - not difficult though.

The'Window' instruction becomes 'OpenWindow'

Subroutines need an 'EndSub' statement.

The format of all Controls definition statements were changed, but it's not hard to go through and change them.

The 'instr' statement parameters were switched around a bit - pretty easy if you look it up in Help.

all the best, :)

Graham

Hi Graham!!
Let's not forget that most of the problems you listed above and more can easily be solved using the famous and very useful StandardToPro program written by the former ibDevGroup (including Steve aka BEVETS) RIP :'( .
I stick it here for those who lost it.
Regards,

Peter B.

GWS

Ah yes  ;D .. I'd lost track of Steve's program.

I can give it a whirl again myself now - thanks  :)

Graham
Tomorrow may be too late ..