April 18, 2024, 01:54:53 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Modern Graphics API

Started by kirkkaf13, August 15, 2020, 11:43:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kirkkaf13

Hello,

I am reasonable new to IWBasic and have picked it up after purchasing it many months ago. I have an interest in graphics have been playing around with the 3D examples which are pretty cool and run really well for the now aging DX3D9.

I was wondering if it's possible to write a modern wrapper for a newer API using IWB?

Cheers

LarryMc

I would think it wwould be difficult because you would have to define all the underlying constants, structures, macros, etc. that may be hidden from you.
You could always try but I don't think you'll have much success. Maybe when LarryS or one of the others reads this they'll prove me wrong.
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

kirkkaf13

Thanks Larry.

If I am mistaken, would it not be possible via COM to interface with DirectX?

Brian

LarryMc

Quote from: kirkkaf13 on August 16, 2020, 01:02:46 PMThanks Larry.

If I am mistaken, would it not be possible via COM to interface with DirectX?
I know almost zilch about programming with via COM so I can't help you there.
 And re my previous comment. I don't mind being proven wrong and in this case I would love to be proven wrong.
And if you have any code to post please do so.

LarryMc
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library