March 28, 2024, 06:46:48 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Passport Photo Printer

Started by Brian, March 20, 2020, 12:51:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

March 20, 2020, 12:51:22 PM Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 07:33:24 AM by Brian
Hi,

I've been messing with this for some time now, with the help of Fasecero, Andy and Bill, and I think it's about time I published it

As the Subject says, it's a Passport Photo Printer

Run the program. Select a country. The countries on the right are just a random selection which used different sizes of photo while I was testing. The most commonly used size is 35mm x 45mm - a lot of countries use that

If your country uses a size not listed, use the Custom photo size option, and set your own dimensions

Now load a suitable photo. You can move it around until the head fits into the correct area; use the plus key to enlarge the pic by 10%, and the minus to reduce by 10%

When you are happy, press Capture, and two copies of the photo are shown in a separate window. Click the Print button, and away you go . . .

I did read that most countries require two copies of a photo, so it seemed the easiest to do it that way

Of course, any glaring errors please let me know, or any alterations or additions. I don't guarantee that it is all correct in terms of photo sizes and head placements, but I have checked and double-checked the measurements, and I am reasonably satisfied that they are correct

Have fun!

Brian

h3kt0r

Nice program, i like it. Thanks for sharing the source, Brian.

Brian

I have noticed that when you minimize the program, and then maximize it again, some of the background goes missing. I've tried all sorts this morning, without success. If anyone can fix this, or tell me how, it would be appreciated

I know I can disable the minimize button, but that would be cheating!

Brian

LarryMc

Appears to work fine for me. I loaded each of the images, centered them, then minimized, then restored and the image looked fine.
Even played with making the images larger and smaller and repeating the process and everything looked fine. Tried with different countries selected and everything looked fine.

I  running windows 10 on a Dell.

LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Brian

Well, if I knew how to insert a screenshot in here, I would show you! Just tried it again. Ran the program, imnmediately minimised, lost some background
Ran the program again, loaded up a picture, minimised - just the same. Aargh!
Thanks for testing, anyway

Brian

Brian

Update attached: Wasn't happy with the dimensions for a Spanish photo, so I looked them up a bit more carefully, and have now changed them. Also made some cosmetic changes

Don't forget, you have to make lib files from pbimage.dll and image323.dll to get it to compile. Forgot to mention this in the first post

Brian

Brian

April 08, 2020, 07:32:44 AM #6 Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 09:32:36 AM by Brian
Hello,

Just added Finland to the list. Noticed that it was a non-standard size compared to other European countries. Also there have been various other tweaks since I first posted this program

The new version, with exe, is in the first post

Brian

Brian

OK, this is it, I think. Added a few more countries to the list, Greece, Norway, etc, and had a tidy up. Deleted the download in the first post, so this is the one and only version. All the files are in the zip, with exe as well

Brian