April 19, 2024, 09:24:47 PM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Very large number calculator

Started by Andy, March 04, 2016, 06:29:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy

March 04, 2016, 06:29:28 AM Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 06:32:23 AM by andy1966
I thought I would have a little fun with large numbers, so I've posted my very large number calculator here.

There are still some problems with very very small numbers (getting the decimal place just right), but anyway, I thought I would post this.

Try adding, subtracting, multiplying (prepair for a wait), and division of very large numbers.

How to use:

1. Copy the .lib file to your IWBDev / libs folder.
2. Compile and run calculator.iwb
3. Enter a large number in the first (top) edit box.
4. Click on the operator i.e. /, *, -, + you want.
5. Enter a large number in the second edit box (below the first).
6. Click the "Equals" button.
7. Wait for the answer if needed.
8. Have fun! - this program (and It's updates when available might just be needed).

See attached files and screenshots.

Thanks,
Andy.
:)
Day after day, day after day, we struck nor breath nor motion, as idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean.

Bill-Bo

andy,

I loaded and built your program and it runs fine. I have a question though. Where does the second screenshot come from?

Bill

Andy

Bill,

Thank you so much for trying the calculator! - much apperciated!

The second screenshot comes from a website that can work on large numbers, here is the link:
http://www.javascripter.net/math/calculators/100digitbigintcalculator.htm

All the reading tells me that java and I think python can work with very large numbers.

Hope this link helps.

Thanks,
Andy.
:)
Day after day, day after day, we struck nor breath nor motion, as idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean.

Bill-Bo

andy,

Thanks for the link. Pretty neat calculator.

Now, I did with calculator like I've done with several online calculators that do not have a download file, and you might be interested. I used IE and saved the page in the mht format. The calculator does work offline. If you use firefox, you have to install their add-on to save pages in the mht format.

Thanks, again, for your program and the link.

Bill