April 28, 2024, 09:12:08 AM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Diary List Program with Calendar Control and List Box

Started by AdrianFox, November 26, 2011, 06:33:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdrianFox

November 26, 2011, 06:33:21 AM Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 09:55:22 AM by AdrianFox
UPDATED:  

I have just modified this program to enable the use of the delete key to delete selected list box items (thanks very much to Larry for the code on subclassing controls and achieving this.)  I've also tidied up the saving of files so you can't quit without saving the last file you worked on.

This little program uses a listbox to store your 'data', an edit box to enter and display information, and a calendar control to select dated items in the listbox and to print the selected date as the first item in your list item. I updated the executive  file on December 15th  2012.

Clicking on a calendar control date automatically searches the list and loads any item containing that date.  Otherwise it displays the date in the edit box ready for a new entry.

There are six bitmap buttons to enable quick changing from one list to another, as well as menu items.  The current file is displayed by means of a graphic and a file name.  Mine is set up as a general diary file, a todo list, a shopping list, a beekeeping diary, a gardening file, and a phone number list.  Each listbox item entry is limited to 1000 bytes though clearly they could be larger.

Although I could load each separate listbox one at a time,  I find the bmp buttons a very quick way of changing from one file to another and by listing the file name on the screen you know which one is being written to.  The other graphic also makes this clear by giving a pictorial representation of the file.

Attached here is the main source files. Although the main source file is listbox.eba it was compiled in IWB so should properly be renamed to listbox.iwb.

As the exe file is too large to include here along with the source files, you can download it from here instead:

http://www.loire-gites.eu/software/MultiListExe.zip

;)
Adrian Fox