April 29, 2024, 05:01:56 AM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Finding Subroutines in a large project

Started by LarryMc, January 29, 2010, 04:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryMc

The Visual Designer I'm currently working on( in EBasic) uses a lot of subroutines scattered throughout over a dozen source files (as this will grow before I'm through.)  

I needed to document where all the routines are located and what each is used for (before I forget).

What I did was write a little program to read all the eba files in a given directory and then search each file for subroutines.
As they are found the info is written to a text file.

I wrote it in CBasic because I didn't want to disturb what I was currently doing in EBasic.

It's real simple and straight forward so EB users shouldn't have any problem coverting it to EB.

Maybe someone will find it useful.

Larry
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Johnny

Thanks Larry, nice idea!

After translating your source to Emergence, I added some functionality, you can now select one, more, or all files in a map by choice.
Maybe you or someone else can use this addition too...

Johnny

aurelCB

Thanks Larry,thanks Johnny  :)
This is very useful becose i also sometimes forget where is what .
Especialy in ABasic source which grove to 8000 lines.

all best
Zlatko

Techno

LarryMc

The zip files are broken !
I'm using the WinZip tool v12.0

Kind regards
Stephane

LarryMc

Quote from: Techno on April 10, 2012, 03:52:03 AM
LarryMc

The zip files are broken !
I'm using the WinZip tool v12.0

Kind regards
Stephane

I reloaded my original but there is nothing I can do about the one Johnny uploaded.

LarryMc
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library